Spirit HR contact/address

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that typical of new hire times now?:confused:

At the time of the Spirit Air Inc interview I had 3600TT, 1200 PIC 121, 2 type ratings, 4 year degree, I didnt have any internal rec's nor do I know anyone there but I sold myself in the interview, no not my soul.... I don't think... and I had a serious want to move back south where people won't know what my snow blower is... Airbus is my Aircraft of choice and the Airline goes to some great places and seems to be doing very well, and growing. I was told they interviewed almost 100 folks, and made only 11-15? offers. Since then I've been on a few more interviews waiting for the Spirit Class date. All I'll say each interview only makes the choice harder and harder...

I was wondering if anyone at Spirit right now had some "Real" take home pay #'s counting the 150% & 200% Junior maning #'s for the first 3 years and what the upgrade time really is. I was told 3-4 years. I'm planning on moving there so I'm tryig to figure if I could afford to live near the airport for min drive time and close to the shore.

also whats going on with the contract negotiations and its changes if anyones willing to talk about that on here?

-Banner Pilot-

If you want QOL then your pay for first year FO just at min pay will be about $1200 per pay check as for the OT and junior man pay thing I would rather not discuss it because it really makes me angery that so many are lapping up the gravey during contract talks. The 200% is just if they Junior assign you and that is very hard to do so those who are making sweet heart deals deserve great disdain and should be treated accordingly. It is a good job but it is contract time so to start your post by asking home much OT I can expect to work will really recieve mixed reviews on the line. FLL is expensive and it will be hard to make ends meet if you have a family, and the commute is a bear.. Good luck, but remember if you can not afford to live on gurantee then don't take the job the OT will not always be there when you need it...

If I were you, I wouldn't take into consideration how much income potential you may or may not have at the 150% or 200% rate. Open time is not necessarily guaranteed to be available, is awarded in seniority order, and, if pref bidding comes to Spirit, could be eliminated all together. Junior manning (in the TRUE sense of the term) rarely occurs for F.O.s from what I've seen, and is limited to twice per month not to exceed 5 times per year. And of course, all of this will likely change when a new contract is negotiated. For a conservative estimate, run the pay calculator in APC.com using 80 hours per month at the 319 pay rate provided.

As far as discussing terms or goals of a CBA currently in negotiations...in my opinion, those matters should not be discussed in a public forum.

Thanks guy's I guess I could have worded it better. It is not my goal to lap up the gravey, nor to make life harder for those who've had their nose to the grindstone all these years. I was unclear if OT and Junior was forced/required or optional. my current company runs a manditory incentice program where you must work extra days for same pay rate dependent of staffing levels. I was just making sure I was not steping into another bear trap. I think you answered my question with the 80 hrs at 319 rate. I'm just trying to make the most edcuated decission so that when I make the move from my current company, it will hopefully be for a long and happy time.

and I completely understand not discussing the contract in a public forum,

-Banner Pilot-

Every airline out there that you even considered working for if you're smart!

ABSOLUTELY agree - I was replying to a previous poster that blamed the new hiring process on him spending 60 bucks. If he wanted to re-input his resume and info under a different address each time they ALL would be free. Time consuming and a little tight but it is possible :)

So what's the makeup of the Spirit pilot group? Lots of 9/11 furloughed legacy pilots, former regional pilots, military guys?

"I would rather not discuss it because it really makes me angery that so many are lapping up the gravey during contract talks."

And that's only for openers. There are more than a few DTW people grabbing over 150hrs of pay credit/month while their brothers are displaced to FLL. Real nice...

Latest resources

Back