• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One question for you: Did you try to call your rep yet? Yes/No?
Yes, spoke to my rep many times. I asked Whats the status of negotiations. He responded, " a..um..we need to get the latest from nego committee....they should..a..be sending an update out next week...a...um..the company isnt being reasonable....we will probably have to strike......company...very bad..very bad...

Do you understand our frustration here? The Hopkins letter is the final thrust of the knife in our backs.

Oh yea, go you understand the roll of P2P? Just curious.

Last edited:
Yes, spoke to my rep many times. I asked Whats the status of negotiations. He responded, " a..um..we need to get the latest from nego committee....they should..a..be sending an update out next week...a...um..the company isnt being reasonable....we will probably have to strike......company...very bad..very bad...

Do you understand our frustration here? The Hopkins letter is the final thrust of the knife in our backs.

Oh yea, go you understand the roll of P2P? Just curious.

My comment/question was not directed toward you.

At Airtran our union ledership sends out emails all the time. We received the pay rates that the union presented to the company in a great layout. Showed AT and all the other airlines rates and comparsion in alot of different ways. Just saying... Tell your reps/. if we don't start getting information heads are going to start rolling.

My comment/question was not directed toward you.

Well, then I will assume huncowboy your question was directed to me. I also assume that you're part of our current union leadership, so my hope is that YOU can directly make a positive impact and improve communication with the group.

To answer your question, I have volunteered to help the union on a particular committee. I haven't heard one way or another whether you want my help. I'm assuming the union doesn't want my help, otherwise they would have jumped at the offer.

My feeling is someone put Hopkins up to responding in that way to that "vigilante board." :/ The tone is not like him...it's out of character. Now that I've cooled off a bit, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that someone enticed him to write those divisive comments.

The bigger point is that communication must improve. No more secrets...that's all we ask.

Cheers.

Why do reps always say "Call your reps". Wouldn't it be easier to write one email or make one recorded phone line than answer hundreds of phone calls that ask the same questions?

It is way more fun to start rumors and see how long and in what form they come back to you...especially when you receive little info from the union folks.

Well, then I will assume huncowboy your question was directed to me. I also assume that you're part of our current union leadership, so my hope is that YOU can directly make a positive impact and improve communication with the group.

To answer your question, I have volunteered to help the union on a particular committee. I haven't heard one way or another whether you want my help. I'm assuming the union doesn't want my help, otherwise they would have jumped at the offer.

My feeling is someone put Hopkins up to responding in that way to that "vigilante board." :/ The tone is not like him...it's out of character. Now that I've cooled off a bit, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that someone enticed him to write those divisive comments.

The bigger point is that communication must improve. No more secrets...that's all we ask.

Cheers.

I quoted you. That means it was directed to you. You were very vocal in that post, and I wanted to know weather you have used the existing methods of communication before asking for more. Sounds like you have, although you did not say either way.

For those who have never called the reps, I just have to say this. If we don't talk to our reps, or the P2P guys, how will they know what we want? FYI several MEC guys were banned from the spiritboard. That is a fact! So I am not surprised they can't stand the place. Not to mention the obvious anti MEC agenda coming from 5-6 individuals on that board that infects EVERY SINGLE thread there within a few hours no matter what the thread is about.

I am not saying that I am overloaded with info from our MEC. Especially compared to i.e. Airtran guys according to what was mentioned in this thread. I am the type who likes to know everything. However I feel there are two approaches here. Our union could (if not bind by some agreement I don't know of) feed the details of existing sections to the pilots piece by piece after each meeting. OR! They could decide to not publish them because there could be changes to any section at anytime until the contract is final. So why get us worked up with "possible" sections? Apparently they decided it was better to not. Fine by me. The MEC guys I have met were intelligent people when face to face. I can only assume they had good reasons to do it this way.

btw:
Your assumption about me being part of the MEC is wrong. I am a furloughed ALPA member at this time.

WOW, they were kicking off MEC.?Im confused because ALPA national teaches not to post on boards only official methods. So how could you get kicked off if you werent there in the first place? But, please tell me a name of one person that was kicked off. I want exploit this when I get the facts.

Latest resources

Back