• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But keep in mind that the President or even congress can still intervene.

No offense, but a privately held company with twenty-some-odd airplanes, that flys primarily to Latin America?

Trust me, you don't have to worry about the Presidential Emergency Board intervening if you guys strike. Ain't gonna happen.

No offense, but a privately held company with twenty-some-odd airplanes, that flys primarily to Latin America?

Trust me, you don't have to worry about the Presidential Emergency Board intervening if you guys strike. Ain't gonna happen.

I'm not sure I mentioned that anyone was worried about a PEB, I was simply stating a fact. I'm not sure how you inferred that from my factual statement, but thanks for supporting your fellow pilots.

wow, talk about limbo. i better go water myself....this mushroom is drying out...going on 1200 days without a raise, what difference does a few dozen more make...

The worst part of this, is you can see the division in this group. It manifests itself on this and the spirtpilots board. I truly hope we can put aside our political(ALPA) differences and Focus on the company, our true enemy at this time.

Rumor has it that the NMB asked the MEC to hold their tongues while they throw management 1 "last and final" chance to bargain in good faith. Supposedly management did not truly believe that we would really want to be released and strike. This was a major misstep on the part of the crack BBB super airline management team. Also they know the union will get very vocal with the media as soon as the 30 days starts, with the whole "pay to bring a carry on" issue it got some much higher up people involved to get BBB to stop his idiotic behavior on national news outlets. The word is that the hedge funders are pissed at BBB and told him to get off the tv and finish this negotiation before it blows up in his face further. Apparently some investors do not agree that all publicity is good publicity like Ben B does.

I agree boomlrd, I dont care if you are republican or democrat or anything else; our crack management has drawn the ire of the government. This only helps our cause from here on out. I hope Mr LaHood and Schumer continue to turn up the heat on those jerks. Mike I think what you said is partially true. On the spiritpilots board there are some people who were once involved with ALPA that were shown the door, they are not happy about it. Some hijack threads and just bash our current group also they spread alot of rumors they spin as facts on the line. I call my reps or Hopkins every 2 weeks so I get the facts. They say what they can and I get more info than from this type enviornment. Were so close even if you dont like/trust our current MEC I urge every spirit pilot to support them. For a little longer till strke/TA or whatever takes place once this is over, god willing soon. Recall them if you want or whatever. We just need to give BBB and franke the apperace of a strong unified group. I know we are but if you are on spiritpilots board its not so clear.
rant over sorry.

I agree boomlrd, I dont care if you are republican or democrat or anything else; our crack management has drawn the ire of the government. This only helps our cause from here on out. I hope Mr LaHood and Schumer continue to turn up the heat on those jerks. Mike I think what you said is partially true. On the spiritpilots board there are some people who were once involved with ALPA that were shown the door, they are not happy about it. Some hijack threads and just bash our current group also they spread alot of rumors they spin as facts on the line. I call my reps or Hopkins every 2 weeks so I get the facts. They say what they can and I get more info than from this type enviornment. Were so close even if you dont like/trust our current MEC I urge every spirit pilot to support them. For a little longer till strke/TA or whatever takes place once this is over, god willing soon. Recall them if you want or whatever. We just need to give BBB and franke the apperace of a strong unified group. I know we are but if you are on spiritpilots board its not so clear.
rant over sorry.

bumlrd's post didn't mention other boards at all.

If you had any real reading skill, you would notice that bumlrd is STARTING a rumor. bumlrd said, "Rumor has it that the NMB asked the MEC to hold their tongues while they throw management 1 "last and final" chance to bargain in good faith"

Stop trying to direct people to that other board and think before you jump in and agree with a bad rumor. If the NMB gave the union an answer the union would told the group.

I saw SC in FLL the other day he said...they are hoping for a release early next week (4/19 or 20)...other than that he didn't know anything else.

I dont go to that board very much and would not suggest anyone to go either. Thanks for the critque on my reading skill you are wise. I can only hope to be as smart as you some day. What I failed to mention in my other post was I heard something close to what bloomlrd posted. That came directly from someone in Washington DC for the last round of negotiations.

Latest resources

Back