• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, then I will assume huncowboy your question was directed to me. I also assume that you're part of our current union leadership, so my hope is that YOU can directly make a positive impact and improve communication with the group.

To answer your question, I have volunteered to help the union on a particular committee. I haven't heard one way or another whether you want my help. I'm assuming the union doesn't want my help, otherwise they would have jumped at the offer.

My feeling is someone put Hopkins up to responding in that way to that "vigilante board." :/ The tone is not like him...it's out of character. Now that I've cooled off a bit, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that someone enticed him to write those divisive comments.

The bigger point is that communication must improve. No more secrets...that's all we ask.

Cheers.
2 cents Do you think he was 'just taking orders' or was he brain washed to write such a letter?

WOW, they were kicking off MEC.?Im confused because ALPA national teaches not to post on boards only official methods. So how could you get kicked off if you werent there in the first place? But, please tell me a name of one person that was kicked off. I want exploit this when I get the facts.

Ohh sure! I am going to tell you names. Here in a anonymous forum. In reference to another forum that is also anonymous.

being furloughed from united , i understand your yearning for information- however being involved at TSA ALPA- sometimes even i was left out of the loop- and there is a reason for this too- soemtimes they cant let certain things out-- sometimes they are giving the company a little more time- sometimes their move has to be dependent on what the mediator does--- etc--- Other times they dont want to get a feel of the pilot sentiment by sending something out--- it's better to wait , have all the chips lie in place and have a once and for all update when it means something and then have a plan to respond to it.

All I can really say is get involved and stay informed-- some of our volunteers volunteered strictly to be more in the loop and act as a phone tree to others --

trust me after what paul has demonstrated he would do and the lengths he would go for a pilot group--- you are in good hands--- do believe what you read/hear unless it come from a certain few key people from the union

SKIPPY

Did they make a formal request to BE released?
Yes, Several times. It is likely that we will start our 30 day cooling this week but no promises. People here are so angry that they want to shut it down and see blood shed.

Remember that the NMB has to put together a contract and offer it to both sides...a proffer of arbitration, if either side rejects the proffer the NMB will release both sides into the 30 day cooling off period. But keep in mind that the President or even congress can still intervene.

First the proffer
Second either side must reject it
Third 30 day cool off starts

Remember that the NMB has to put together a contract and offer it to both sides...a proffer of arbitration, if either side rejects the proffer the NMB will release both sides into the 30 day cooling off period. But keep in mind that the President or even congress can still intervene.

First the proffer
Second either side must reject it
Third 30 day cool off starts

You'll never see a PEB intervention in this fight, but Mike is correct, that is the process.

If the unions did anything good, they would lobby and support legislation that modified the RLA, as this process is just so one sided against the union.

Latest resources

Back