• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Speed Limit under Class Bravo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for that great research! Now maybe we can put this thing to bed.

I found out some fighter type aircraft have letters on file with the FAA that allow them to fly above the 250KTS below 10K in any airspace. Some of our jet's best climb speed is 300KTS and, especially in formation, it is very difficult to fly any slower without a configuration change. So please don't bust on a military guy if he says he flies faster then some required speed limits, even under class B airspace.

Yea, I wish! I have flown with Primus 2000 (Citation X), as well as P1000 systems, and neither depict special use airspace on MFDs. A pretty big oversight in my opinion. On the other hand, every handheld GPS these days has it, as do most small GA aircraft. Is that backwards or what?!?!

So don't get used to using those G530s while training.....the jet you move into probably won't have it. It's back to using "paper."

That sucks NJA. I've flown two turboprops and both had the functionality in the MFD to depict typical Class B/C airspace floors and ceilings as well as special use airspace. How the hell do you know if you're under a class B at all? Pull out a VFR map and get a cross-radial off a VOR?:eek: Do you just slow to 200 anyway? That seems unlikely. As I mentioned, I'd disagree with the posters who say ATC tells you when you're in or under class B or gives airspeed restrictions near that airspace. Doesn't always happen and it's pretty funny to hear the next controller flip out because one guy is going 235, the next 135 and the next 170.

Mr. I.

Bjammin said:
Thanks for that great research! Now maybe we can put this thing to bed.

I found out some fighter type aircraft have letters on file with the FAA that allow them to fly above the 250KTS below 10K in any airspace. Some of our jet's best climb speed is 300KTS and, especially in formation, it is very difficult to fly any slower without a configuration change. So please don't bust on a military guy if he says he flies faster then some required speed limits, even under class B airspace.

Last time I checked the Government makes special considerations for military aircraft.

Singlecoil said:
Thanks HMR, I did mean "whichever is higher".
Hey, I figure anyone who's into single coils is pretty smart. Personally, I think the less magnets to interfere with the strings vibration, the better the tone. An early '60's Gibson Melody Maker can bring me to tears. Of course anything sounds good through my Matchless DC-30. But I digress...

What was the topic again?:D :) ;)

It's 200 knots in class B Guys. I know a few people that have gotten a speeding ticket (warning) climbing out at the normal 250.

K.V. said:
It's 200 knots in class B Guys. I know a few people that have gotten a speeding ticket (warning) climbing out at the normal 250.

You mean under class B it is 200, inside B is 250.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back