• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Speed Limit under Class Bravo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going into PIT being vectored for the approach I have been told by ATC that I was going to out of the class bravo airspace for about "so many miles." This was nice to know.

NJA Capt said:
We use the Jepp area charts....

...and I will be to (which are nice), but for my -II ride (hopefully Saturday?) I need to be able to use the NOS charts (becuase it's all I have for now since they're cheap) and the Area chart just shows a big blue circle with NDBs and VORs and airports n such...no good info.

...dang this sucks

-mini

Flechas said:
Good luck with your ride mini, are you doing the II first?

Yes'a-boss

Doin' the II 141 then the I add on. Got to do them both by next Wednesday...EEK! Did the f#@*in' spin ride today and decided to get drunk after that one.

So here I am, naked in front of my computer eating cheetos drinkin a case of Mike's (lemonade) trying to memorize the FOI stuff again (already did it once for the 'ride...doin' it again YEEHAW). Oh joy for me.

-mini

The P.I.C. shall become familar with all the avialable infomation concerning the flight......... blah!blah!blah! The speed below class B (TCA for those who remember the good old days) is 200kts. I've never heard of someone actualy getting busted for it. Maybe yelled at a couple of times but that's it.

I've heard of people getting busted by SoCal for going over 200 kts under the class B. It happens. Especially for Skywest crews going from LAX to SNA, crews going into SNA from the west (Catalina), and Eagle crews going LAX to SBA over Pt. Dume.

The correct answer, when asked how fast you are going, is "200 knots".

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.

There is a very big caveat to this rule. The maximum airspeed underlying class B is 200 knots or clean maneuvering speed whichever is lower. In an MD-80, that can be 250 knots; 230 knots in a heavy 737. They don't expect you to keep flaps out to make this restriction.

Bandit60 said:
Sled, I thought that the feds repealed the faster than 250 below 10000 in the IAH airspace. I thought it was a test program.
That's news to me, but then I haven't been in and out of IAH in quite a while. When was it repealed?

'Sled

Latest resources

Back