• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Speculator's mocking the airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, ya'll are right, it has nothing to do with crappy airline service. Why pay $300 for a round trip ticket when you can pay $5000/hr on a corporate jet? The oil speculators aren't the only ones mocking the airlines. Your best (former)customers have been doing it for years.

At least we know you guys HAVE To fly on airliners too. We can all have fun, and I will try to give PA's to you people when we are delayed, after I eat my Quiznos Sub.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Apparently you dont know Jack Schitt. Netjets has grown my mostly corporations getting rid of corporate fleets and buying Quarter Shares ;). The avg 121 pax is still an avg 121 pax.

By the way i have never stepped foot on or attended Riddle, moron.

I remember years ago (early 90s) and while flying on UAL, seeing ads for NetJets in the Hemisphere magazine. I thought how crazy it is, that UAL lets them advertise onboard their plane. Funny thing, now there is no advertising (from NJs) in the Hemisphere magazine.

So yes, your first class pax are now with the fractionals, and yes, the "average" 121 is not going to the fractionals.

Passengers lie

An Open Letter to All Airlines
... You might find out that airline passengers are more willing to pay up to fly (see the growth of a company like NetJets) when they know it won't be a dreadful experience...

It's been tried by major airlines, and what they found was a loss of revenue. Bob Crandall pointed out years ago that most passengers say they'll gladly pay more for bigger seats, extra legroom, better service etc., then turn around and book the cheapest fare. They'll "pay up" only when they have no other choice.

As for the fractionals, they serve a limited market and inherently cannot expand to cover the public at large, because exclusivity is a major part of their product.

Latest resources

Back