• Start date
  • Watchers 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The word propaganda has an ugly ring to it, for sure, but the interesting truth is that the majority of people on either side are largely driven by propaganda and dogma. That applies to more to lefties, since they tend to favor cute little sayings and shrill diatribes.

Sadly, most people are poorly read, gullible, given to snap judgements and loathe to do any of their own real reading. It DOES suck being smarter than most of you (very irritating putting up with the underinformed), but it sure beats the alternative.

Last edited:
PCL_128 said:
Liberals love big government. Liberals think that government is responsible for taking care of people. Liberals think that people are incapable of taking care of themselves. Liberals live in a little fantasy world where terrorists and despots will talk out our differences at the UN and everything will be OK. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Someone feeding you this garbage? Last time I looked we were all Americans with similar concerns. Liberals this, conservatives that. Look beyond the lines, grow a brain and mature enough to think for yourself.

Last edited:
blingair said:
Dear God, now your just being plain crazy. You think going in with troops is going to convert these people to our way of thinking?

What will convert these people to our way of thinking is democracy. Much of the Middle East exists today as a theocracy with schools teaching children from a very young age about "the Great Satan, America." That must be stopped. The only way to stop it is by starting a movement of democracy throughout the entire region. Iraq is the starting point. It will spread and in a couple of generations radical Islam will be relegated to a few small cells that don't have the resources to conduct any large scale attacks. The key is to eliminate the governments that support and lend credibility to radical Islamic terrorists. Iraq under Saddam Hussein gave safe harbor to these radicals. He has been eliminated and the terrorists have one less safe sanctuary today. This will be a long and slow process but it is absolutely necessary or we will never be safe from these radicals. I don't want my children to grow up in a world where they just have to shrug off a bomb blowing up in Time square like you suggest.

PCL_128 said:
Liberals love big government. Liberals think that government is responsible for taking care of people. Liberals think that people are incapable of taking care of themselves. Liberals live in a little fantasy world where terrorists and despots will talk out our differences at the UN and everything will be OK. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

NO I don't get the idea...Is that some kind of definition?

When W stuck his nose in the Shaivo case was that not big government thinking people can't deal with things themselves?

(people in vegetative states are in hospices all across the country. They die the same way as well...I'm sure many of their family's/spouses would love the president's intervention when it comes down to the end)

Participating in the UN? Well, W sure is pushing hard for Bolton to be on the job, seems like he knows the UN is in the picture somewhere.

Heres a thing many enlightened Democrats and Republicans alike, realize:

We are all stuck on this big rock together. We have to find a way to exist and often work together. This isn't the Roman Empire. If you are going to throw yourself into a highly unpopular war for "flip-flopping" reasons that is going to have effects on the entire world, you might want to listen when a majority of the world leaders don't think it's such a good idea.

You don't say, uh, were marching into Iraq with our intel we uh, just got after 9/11, and if your not with us your against us. This isn't a tactic the leader of the free world should use to build a team against terrorism.

You have to remember, the WTC, the Pentagon, thats on our turf. If it had been some other country, how much would it have affected you? Would you have joined them and put your life on the line when they decided to wage war on the (in your opinion) wrong suspect? Would you want your kids fighting far away from home, fighting the wrong people in the name "freedom"???

Too many different cultures out there. Too many people that we need to work WITH to stop terrorism.

I'm not buying your definit---ure rambling collage of liberisms. Try again.

PCL_128 said:
What will convert these people to our way of thinking is democracy. Much of the Middle East exists today as a theocracy with schools teaching children from a very young age about "the Great Satan, America." That must be stopped. The only way to stop it is by starting a movement of democracy throughout the entire region. Iraq is the starting point. It will spread and in a couple of generations radical Islam will be relegated to a few small cells that don't have the resources to conduct any large scale attacks. The key is to eliminate the governments that support and lend credibility to radical Islamic terrorists. Iraq under Saddam Hussein gave safe harbor to these radicals. He has been eliminated and the terrorists have one less safe sanctuary today. This will be a long and slow process but it is absolutely necessary or we will never be safe from these radicals. I don't want my children to grow up in a world where they just have to shrug off a bomb blowing up in Time square like you suggest.
The extremist are much like the Aryans. They are a small group of organized, disenchanted people with the ablility to recruit. They are a small fraction of the population. Very few muslim parents teach their kids to hate America or to be a martars. Are you so numb to think we can or should convert muslims to our way of thinking? Would you change your way of thinking because of someone else? We spent 55,000 in Nam, didn't do a dam thing.

Traumahawk said:
When W stuck his nose in the Shaivo case was that not big government thinking people can't deal with things themselves?

The Constitution of this great country guarantees the right to life. Terri's life was being snuffed out, and the Republican congress did the best it could to stop the violation of her Constitutional rights.

Participating in the UN? Well, W sure is pushing hard for Bolton to be on the job, seems like he knows the UN is in the picture somewhere.

The President feels that the UN can be reformed. I'm not so sure, but I'm willing to give it a try. A hard-liner like Bolton is the best man for such a job. A stereotypical diplomat will not get the job done. Personally, I just think we should leave the UN alltogether, but the President doesn't want to do that. We'll see how it goes.

It's time for bed for me boys and girls. Have fun living in your depressing little defeatist world. I'm just glad the people in power don't think as you do that we should just put up with bombings and 767s flying into buildings. :rolleyes: Have a good night.

PCL_128 said:
I'd rather 2000 soldiers die in Iraq than 2 million innocent civilians die in a nuclear explosion in downtown New York.....We have to take the fight to them, and thankfully we have a President that understands that.

16 Mar 2003[size=-1] - Vice President Dick Cheney tells Meet the Press: "Let's talk about the nuclear proposition for a minute. We know that based on intelligence, that he has been very, very good at hiding these kinds of efforts. He's had years to get good at it and we know he has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons."[/size]

24 Jun 2003 - [size=-1]At a press briefing, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld declares: "I don't know anybody that I can think of who has contended that the Iraqis had nuclear weapons." [/size]
PCL_128 said:
On foreign policy and the war on terror....the Bush administration has been right on target.

:eek: Riiight.

T-Hawk

P.S. More food for thought....

24 Mar 2004 - [size=-1]At the annual Radio and Television News Correspondents Association dinner, George W Bush shows slides of himself searching clumsily behind furniture in the Oval Office, joking: "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere ... nope, no weapons over there ... maybe under here?"[/size]

This isn't a joke folks....

blingair said:
Dear God, now your just being plain crazy. You think going in with troops is going to convert these people to our way of thinking? So in your mind if Cuba invades Florida they would all convert to communism? After all Americas only been around for a couple of hundred years. As for the 767, the slippery slope is never a strong argument.

Cuba invaded Florida years ago. And they are still infiltrating our country.

Bring Back the Draft !!

PCL_128 said:
The Constitution of this great country guarantees the right to life. Terri's life was being snuffed out, and the Republican congress did the best it could to stop the violation of her Constitutional rights.

So the Judge(a very conservative, very well respected justice at that) who had already determined if this was the case, really didn't need to be in the loop?? Throw that guys ruling out of the picture...who the heck is he??
Whats the point again? Checks and balances?? ...ahh whatever.

I hope you don't fly airplanes like you think on these issues. You'd follow a Flight Director right into the ground.

Latest resources

Back