• Watchers 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
You think much too short-term. The President is looking at the long-term here. To win the war on terror in the long-run, you have to change the basic culture in the Middle East. The only way to do that is to plant seeds of democracy. Iraq was the best venue for that, and 20 years from now you will see just how right the President was. Thank God that George Bush and our armed forces aren't the cowards that you libs are.
Are you serious about changing the basic culture of the middle east? I mean its only been the way it is well before Christ was born.

PCL_128 said:
Wow. That mentality is just plain scary. "You people need to stop complaining. It's just a little bomb. So 3000 people were murdered, who cares? Buck up, it's just a little bomb." As Rudy said at the Republican convention last year, "Thank God George W. Bush is President."
Exactly. I never said anything about complaining though. So you are saying lets run around without spines and evacuate every time a C-150 enters restricted airspace?

blingair said:
Are you serious about changing the basic culture of the middle east? I mean its only been the way it is well before Christ was born.

Really? Radical Islam was around before Christ, huh? Considering that Islam did not become a religion until roughly 608 AD, I doubt that radical Islam was really a part of the Middle East culture before Christ was born.

PCL_128 said:
Really? Radical Islam was around before Christ, huh? Considering that Islam did not become a religion until roughly 608 AD, I doubt that radical Islam was really a part of the Middle East culture before Christ was born.
Please show me where I've said Radical Islam you twit. I said basic culture. You are really good at putting words into other people's mouths. Maybe you should run for office. Even so, in my world 608AD was a long time ago and plenty of time to ingrain deep beliefs that can't be change no matter how many tanks you have. If you think war is the answer go put your a$$ in the grass. If I'm going to die for a word my word is poontang.

Last edited:
blingair said:
I am a Republican and I think for my self. You should try it too if you have the balls.

With both sides so torn, you don't see this everyday. That is in either party.

Imagine that, voting based on a range of issues as you see them, instead of party line. You know what bling, they might even still let you be kinda patriotic/American even though you have the gall to think for yourself. :D

T-hawk

P.S. I've never seen a thing by M. Moore either. Flame on PCL.

Last edited:
blingair said:
Please show me where I've said Radical Islam you twit. I said basic culture. You are really good at putting words into other people's mouths. Maybe you should run for office. If you think war is the answer go put your a$$ in the grass. If I'm going to die for a word my word is poontang.

Radical Islam is the basic cultural problem that we are dealing with here. That is what needs to be changed. Kids are taught from a very young age in some of these places that they must kill the infidels. Martyrdom is glorified. These are things that must be changed, and it can only be done through a democratization of the entire Middle East. Iraq is the starting point for that. Eventually it will spread to Iran and Saudi Arabia. It's a long process, but a necessary one. If we just walk away as you suggest and shrug it off when a 767 plows into one of our buildings, then we'll never be rid of this crap.

Hey PCL...whats the defination of a liberal?? Noone has been able to actually define what they mean when they stereotype millions of people that may not agree with everything Bush does or says...so exactly, what is a liberal?

Traumahawk said:
With both sides so torn, you don't see this everyday. That is in either party.

Imagine that, voting based on a range of issues as you see them, instead of party line. You know what bling, they might even still let you be kinda patriotic/American even though you have the gall to think for yourself. :D

T-hawk

P.S. I've never seen a thing my M. Moore either. Flame on PCL.
Party lines are for Nazis. Thinking for yourself is American. I saw Farenhiet 911. Moore spins half trues taken out of context. He's an entertainer. He makes money by enflameing with politics as Stern does with sex. What it boils down to is we all love America very much and would fight side by side to defend its borders. Its good that our passions are alive and the defense of America is a high topic. Lets just do the right thing, together.

Traumahawk said:
Hey PCL...whats the defination of a liberal?? Noone has been able to actually define what they mean when they stereotype millions of people that may not agree with everything Bush does or says...so exactly, what is a liberal?

Liberals love big government. Liberals think that government is responsible for taking care of people. Liberals think that people are incapable of taking care of themselves. Liberals live in a little fantasy world where terrorists and despots will talk out our differences at the UN and everything will be OK. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

PCL_128 said:
Radical Islam is the basic cultural problem that we are dealing with here. That is what needs to be changed. Kids are taught from a very young age in some of these places that they must kill the infidels. Martyrdom is glorified. These are things that must be changed, and it can only be done through a democratization of the entire Middle East. Iraq is the starting point for that. Eventually it will spread to Iran and Saudi Arabia. It's a long process, but a necessary one. If we just walk away as you suggest and shrug it off when a 767 plows into one of our buildings, then we'll never be rid of this crap.
Dear God, now your just being plain crazy. You think going in with troops is going to convert these people to our way of thinking? So in your mind if Cuba invades Florida they would all convert to communism? After all Americas only been around for a couple of hundred years. As for the 767, the slippery slope is never a strong argument.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back