• Watchers 12

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL_128 said:
Name calling isn't usually my way of doing things, but this guy just grates on my last nerve. If you're going to complain about something, then offer a solution. Otherwise, you need to just shut up and let the big boys handle things. Traumahawk has yet to offer any intelligence to this debate at all. All he does is repeat the Micky Moore mantra.

You also did not answer the question. The question was: "If Iraq is such a mess, how do we fix it?" Talking about your opinion that Americans are elitist and imperialistic isn't going to fix the problem. Again, what is your solution for Iraq? Traumahawk will obviously not answer the question, so I'll take an answer from any liberal. I have yet to hear any liberal offer a solution to this problem that they perceive we have. I don't want to hear your opinions on how Bush lied, or about bad intelligence, or about the Downing Street memo. I've heard the liberal party line about that enough already. I want to hear what you think should be done within Iraq specifically. Can no liberal answer this question?
Bush has painted us into a corner. There are no easy answers to fix this mess. He who comes up with one with become the supreme leader for a long time. PCL have you ever been in the military? Maybe you should put your life where your mouth is and join up. PFCs make as much as a starting regional f/o.

blingair said:
You are up in the night if you think the U.S. is a leader in educational spending.

Check your facts, you've been duped by ignorance. For 2004, the United States leads the world in education spending, with $11,480 per student on public and private schooling at all level.

PCL_128 said:
People die in war. It isn't pretty, but it is what it is. I'd rather 2000 soldiers die in Iraq than 2 million innocent civilians die in a nuclear explosion in downtown New York. If we run and hide from the terrorists, then that's exactly what will happen. We have to take the fight to them, and thankfully we have a President that understands that.

Actually, on domestic policy there are plenty of things that I can criticize the Bush administration for. On foreign policy and the war on terror however, the Bush administration has been right on target.

Conservative Democrat? There hasn't been such a thing in 50 years.
So sad, so lost. In regards to terrorism it was in our best interest to keep Saddam in power since he created a positive pressure in his country and killed/kept out anyone who would want to share power ie:muslim extremist. Saddam was much too secular to put up with the religous wackos. And to answer your weak excuse about no liberals having the answer to the war: no one does jacka$$. Its not that kind of war. I am a Republican and I think for my self. You should try it too if you have the balls.

Last edited:
blingair said:
In regards to terrorism it was in our best interest to keep Saddam in power since he created a posisitve pressure in his country and killed/kept out anyone who would want to share power

You think much too short-term. The President is looking at the long-term here. To win the war on terror in the long-run, you have to change the basic culture in the Middle East. The only way to do that is to plant seeds of democracy. Iraq was the best venue for that, and 20 years from now you will see just how right the President was. Thank God that George Bush and our armed forces aren't the cowards that you libs are.

blingair said:
Hey Tard, have you seen the approval ratings lately? Many fine Americans are getting sick and tired of the Same Ol' Sheet. Traumas not in the minority anymore.

That's because most people aren't looking to next week, let alone 5 -10 years down the road. And according the Pew Research Center "Americans are critical of President Bush's job performance in many policy areas, but negative opinions of his handling of the economy and Iraq are doing the most damage to his overall approval rating, which now stands at 43%."

I didn't realize 43% was a majority now...

The good thing about Bush and these approval ratings, he's not going to change based on an opinion survey of uneducated adults (most of whom can't name their Senators), he's not the puss-y Clinton was in changing policy everytime the wind shifted. Bush has not changed his message, that's what pisses the liberals off the most. He said it was going to be difficult, he said it would take a long time. You guys said tens of thousands would come home in body bags, you guys said it was too early to hand control over to a governing body. Wrong and wrong. Two whole years later and in that time we've seen successful elections in Afghanistan, Ukraine, the Palestinian Authority, Iraq, a renewal of the Mideast peace process, Lebanon coming around to our way of thinking and Syria trying to turn the corner. Jezzz, sounds like most folks aren't paying attention. If Clinton did all this he'd be getting a Noble Peace prize. Bush does it and you guys whine like little school girls.

Smacktard said:
Check your facts, you've been duped by ignorance. For 2004, the United States leads the world in education spending, with $11,480 per student on public and private schooling at all level.
WOW, a whole $11,000. That less than $1000 per year. Many other countries also pay for college or at least make advanced education affordable. Where you getting your info?

blingair said:
WOW, a whole $11,000. That less than $1000 per year. Many other countries also pay for college or at least make advanced education affordable. Where you getting your info?

A year ding dong, $11,480 PER YEAR. This came from a Federal Reserve study, "On the Supply Side: Making America a Smarter Place"

PCL_128 said:
You think much too short-term. The President is looking at the long-term here. To win the war on terror in the long-run, you have to change the basic culture in the Middle East. The only way to do that is to plant seeds of democracy. Iraq was the best venue for that, and 20 years from now you will see just how right the President was. Thank God that George Bush and our armed forces aren't the cowards that you libs are.
You mean like the war on drugs? Thats been going on for well over 20 years and still no victory. Terrorism have been around since man cr@pped in the woods. You think we'll get Osama on some battleship and sign a treaty? Americans need to stop being so d@mn afraid and not fall to pieces every time a bomb goes of. I say prepare, put up a good offense/defense and say do your worse, you can't break us.

Smacktard said:
A year ding dong, $11,480 PER YEAR. This came from a Federal Reserve study, "On the Supply Side: Making America a Smarter Place"
Do you have kids in high school or been to one lately? Have you payed for a child or yourself to go to college lately? $11,480, no wonder our teachers go on strike every year. Published studies have little impact on the average pocketbooks of most families.

blingair said:
Americans need to stop being so d@mn afraid and not fall to pieces every time a bomb goes off

Wow. That mentality is just plain scary. "You people need to stop complaining. It's just a little bomb. So 3000 people were murdered, who cares? Buck up, it's just a little bomb." As Rudy said at the Republican convention last year, "Thank God George W. Bush is President."

Latest resources

Back