• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

Do me a favor.

Go back to POST #55,

then read your response on POST #63.

You didn't talk about anything he brought up in post 55.

How are you supposed to be some 'master debater' when you completely dodge the other person and start slinging mud at his company? How do you think you win a debate that way?

Red,

I responded plenty of times to that assinine post (55). First of all, you Corndogs are trying to equate DCI flying for a B-scale at SWA "with the same equipment." Not the same as DCI vs Mainline. You know that. DCI is not a part of our operating certificate, and AT will be or should have been by now, but your company didn't seem ready to integrate as fast as the other mergers (outdated computers? Can't do INTL on the res system?). DCI carriers float planes between the legacies, too. ASA had a lot more 50 seaters flying for DL a few years ago, and then dumped a lot over to UAL at IAD and ORD. How do you bargain for them when they can move their planes BETWEEN carriers? Obviously they aren't ONLY a DL Connection carrier. SkyWest actually has hybrid CRJs in their own livery that they sometimes use between UAL and DL if planes are broken. So, they use planes between the two. Get my point? AT will be BLENDED in with SWA, and on the same operating certificate. Not DCI and DL. I win. Try to debate that, and SWAdude too. One will be on the seniority list, one group (DCI) will NOT be. Big difference. A B-scale for the same equipment is BAD Red, BAD.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

What's a "floppy"? (real question from my 18 year old cousin the other day when I made a joke about how slow a program was loading). God we're old... lol ;)

Red,

I responded plenty of times to that assinine post (55). First of all, you Corndogs are trying to equate DCI flying for a B-scale at SWA "with the same equipment." Not the same as DCI vs Mainline. You know that. DCI is not a part of our operating certificate, and AT will be or should have been by now, but your company didn't seem ready to integrate as fast as the other mergers (outdated computers? Can't do INTL on the res system?). DCI carriers float planes between the legacies, too. ASA had a lot more 50 seaters flying for DL a few years ago, and then dumped a lot over to UAL at IAD and ORD. How do you bargain for them when they can move their planes BETWEEN carriers? Obviously they aren't ONLY a DL Connection carrier. SkyWest actually has hybrid CRJs in their own livery that they sometimes use between UAL and DL if planes are broken. So, they use planes between the two. Get my point? AT will be BLENDED in with SWA, and on the same operating certificate. Not DCI and DL. I win. Try to debate that, and SWAdude too. One will be on the seniority list, one group (DCI) will NOT be. Big difference. A B-scale for the same equipment is BAD Red, BAD.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Interesting how you took my post mimicking you. LOL!!

So you want to start in on code share internationally now? Probably not. And on that front we will be doing that flying also soon enough.

Your personal outsourcing rules don't apply to the game. Just because its not a "Like" airframe doesn't make it outsourcing lower wage pilots. That simply is not rational. And a very poor argument in any debate competition. You lose on that one harshly. The unions are the ones that established "acceptable" weight and seat numbers for their scope. There is no end game. And you even said for yourself, you have been doing this for thirty years! SWA pilots have NEVER had any intention of having an outsourced situation. That is why we negotiated industry leading scope language in our last contract. I have worked under a B-scale before and this is far from it. Maybe you need a little schooling on B-scales Lee. We will never have a SWA pilot and AT pilot fly in the same cockpit. In what you are mistaken about, a B-scale pilot will fly with a A- scale pilot. So your definition is wrong and you lose again. Ironically, Delta had a B-scale from 1986 to 1991. In the contract your pilots chose to give new pilots less money so they could expand and upgrade quicker at the expense of junior pilots. Nice group you have there Lee. Maybe you need to ask the Captain you are flying with to teach you how a B-scale actually works. He voted one in you know.

So, unless you are just stupid, SWA does not have a B-scale, unlike Delta we are not outsourcing our jobs, but we do have ONE international codeshare to FIVE cities. Boy is that going to bring pilot salaries down. LOL!!!

I have won this debate handily so be a man and find another one you have a shot at winning.

No, I knew a merger with SWA wouldn't go well for any carrier because SWAPA and its members are delusional a-holes. Best case scenario is for an arbitrated outcome that results in you guys crying like little babies and disrupting the carrier to show your displeasure. Worst case scenario is what happened to us: capitulation.
Nice! Please do us a favor and do not work one day at SWA. Your feelings about your future co workers will be well known. Stupid comments like that will last forever.

So you want to start in on code share internationally now? Probably not. And on that front we will be doing that flying also soon enough.

Your personal outsourcing rules don't apply to the game. Just because its not a "Like" airframe doesn't make it outsourcing lower wage pilots. That simply is not rational. And a very poor argument in any debate competition. You lose on that one harshly. The unions are the ones that established "acceptable" weight and seat numbers for their scope. There is no end game. And you even said for yourself, you have been doing this for thirty years! SWA pilots have NEVER had any intention of having an outsourced situation. That is why we negotiated industry leading scope language in our last contract. I have worked under a B-scale before and this is far from it. Maybe you need a little schooling on B-scales Lee. We will never have a SWA pilot and AT pilot fly in the same cockpit. In what you are mistaken about, a B-scale pilot will fly with a A- scale pilot. So your definition is wrong and you lose again. Ironically, Delta had a B-scale from 1986 to 1991. In the contract your pilots chose to give new pilots less money so they could expand and upgrade quicker at the expense of junior pilots. Nice group you have there Lee. Maybe you need to ask the Captain you are flying with to teach you how a B-scale actually works. He voted one in you know.

So, unless you are just stupid, SWA does not have a B-scale, unlike Delta we are not outsourcing our jobs, but we do have ONE international codeshare to FIVE cities. Boy is that going to bring pilot salaries down. LOL!!!

I have won this debate handily so be a man and find another one you have a shot at winning.

You haven't won anything. I think it's time you learned something about INTL code sharing. I actually flew my CEO from AMS to ATL and he came up to the cockpit and talked to us. I asked him personally about Skyteam and codesharing, and he stated we don't have the right to fly WITHIN other countries to pick up feed. We can't do 5 stops within China to gather up passengers and then take them to Detroit. We can't. So, we codeshare with those airlines so we can provide service to those smaller INTL cities we can go to. Same with AF and KL. They don't go to Las Vegas. They fly their pax to JFK or ATL, and then we take them onto LAS. It works both ways, and there are other big alliances out there (Star, One World) that will do it if we don't. It's about coverage for the business traveller.

See, your World used to be all about Texas. Then, it grew to the 48 contiguous States. Now, thanks to AT and their superior IT system, you can go to MEX and the Caribbean. Even though your ETOPS certificate is flat, maybe someday you'll try Hawaii, but that idea seems to have been squashed for some reason.

If you need more help understanding what the primary reason for codeahares is, just ask. You just can't fly everywhere you want Internationally. Your airline has freely expanded domestically for years, but you can't do that Internationally. But hey, you are contracting domestically lately (SEA and PHL), so maybe that is something you can work on....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You haven't won anything. I think it's time you learned something about INTL code sharing. I actually flew my CEO from AMS to ATL and he came up to the cockpit and talked to us. I asked him personally about Skyteam and codesharing, and he stated we don't have the right to fly WITHIN other countries to pick up feed. We can't do 5 stops within China to gather up passengers and then take them to Detroit. We can't. So, we codeshare with those airlines so we can provide service to those smaller INTL cities we can go to. Same with AF and KL. They don't go to Las Vegas. They fly their pax to JFK or ATL, and then we take them onto LAS. It works both ways, and there are other big alliances out there (Star, One World) that will do it if we don't. It's about coverage for the business traveller.

See, your World used to be all about Texas. Then, it grew to the 48 contiguous States. Now, thanks to AT and their superior IT system, you can go to MEX and the Caribbean. Even though your ETOPS certificate is flat, maybe someday you'll try Hawaii, but that idea seems to have been squashed for some reason.

If you need more help understanding what the primary reason for codeahares is, just ask. You just can't fly everywhere you want Internationally. Your airline has freely expanded domestically for years, but you can't do that Internationally. But hey, you are contracting domestically lately (SEA and PHL), so maybe that is something you can work on....

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, actually you largely lost that debate GL. You can keep arguing but DAL is actually guilty of what you are inaccurately accusing SWA/swapa of doing.

Delta is the king of outsourcing. To try and compare SW to that operation is laughable.

The other funny part is PCL acts like SWAPA are bumbling idiots. When it's been ALPA over all these years that has allowed outsourcing and B-scales. SWAPA has long held the line when ALPA hasn't.

SWAPA has long held the line when ALPA hasn't.

SWAPA has never held the line on anything. They wouldn't know how to if it came down to it. Everything they have was given to them without a fight. And what they have ain't that great.

Latest resources

Back