• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So tell me about your FULL APD authority at SWA to give INITIAL type ratings on the 737. I was told there was no such program, but tell us about it.
I'll tell you what SWA did for the Morris guys who didn't have the type. When they upgraded they went through the training that everyone else went through. However for their checkride they had a SWA Check Airman and a FAA Inspector. During the oral they got questions from both. For the checkride the FAA Inspector observed while the Check Airman ran the box. The only additional maneuver that had to be done that wasn't part of the SWA normal checkride was a circling approach. From what FltOps and SWAPA has said what was done for the Morris pilots will also be done for the AirTran pilots. but who knows by the time the non-typed AirTran pilots start to upgrade SWA may have some Check Airmen who have been qualified as Designated Examiners in the 737. In any case the AirTran pilots who need the type will not have to pay for it!

Your the idiot that said you you only applied to UAL,CAL, DAL when SWA bought Morris( which was late 1993)

By they way every Airtran pilot I have meet says your an idiot.

You just keep trying to install fear in them that SWA will make pay for there training.

You went and edited your post because you know everyone would have called you out on your BS.

I am done, you can go back to what you do best.
Oh my reading-challenged friend... Go back to where the General quoted me and read it again. Slowly for comprehension this time. ;)

I didn't say I was applying to the legacies when Swa bought Morris. I said I didn't know what happened then because I wasn't paying any attention to Swa until well into 2001, focusing on the Legacies I wanted to work at.

But you go right ahead trying to paint me into a box. I'm sure on some level you're probably like Charlie Sheen, thinking "WINNING!" lol

Last edited:
I'll tell you what SWA did for the Morris guys who didn't have the type. When they upgraded they went through the training that everyone else went through. However for their checkride they had a SWA Check Airman and a FAA Inspector. During the oral they got questions from both. For the checkride the FAA Inspector observed while the Check Airman ran the box. The only additional maneuver that had to be done that wasn't part of the SWA normal checkride was a circling approach. From what FltOps and SWAPA has said what was done for the Morris pilots will also be done for the AirTran pilots. but who knows by the time the non-typed AirTran pilots start to upgrade SWA may have some Check Airmen who have been qualified as Designated Examiners in the 737. In any case the AirTran pilots who need the type will not have to pay for it!
Thanks for the factual information. Didn't think they had an APD program for initial types in place, much to Slaquer's dismay. ;)

That said, as I mentioned before, so far Southwest has put everything but this into a formal desk letter to AAI ALPA, and while I have no reason to think this will be any different, the truth is that Swa management has changed more than one thing from what they told us during negotiations, so I never say anything is set in stone anymore.

Not sure why you and PCL. hate SWA so much .

Lear hating SWA? Hardly. I've known him for a while, and I don't think I ever heard him say anything bad about SWA. Even now, after the screw-job of the century, he still gives you and your company way too much of a pass.

As for me, you can read canyonblue's quote to see how I used to feel. I didn't "hate" SWA before this mess. I never wanted to work there, that's certainly true. But I never wanted to work for FedEx, either, and I certainly don't hate them. But after the way we've been treated by both SWAPA and management, let's just say that my opinions won't be stated because the language censor on here would overload.

Oh my reading-challenged friend... Go back to where the General quoted me and read it again. Slowly for comprehension this time. ;)

I didn't say I was applying to the legacies when Swa bought Morris. I said I didn't know what happened then because I wasn't paying any attention to Swa until well into 2001, focusing on the Legacies I wanted to work at.

But you go right ahead trying to paint me into a box. I'm sure on some level you're probably like Charlie Sheen, thinking "WINNING!" lol

typical narcissistic. You went back and changed you post.

Hence is says edited on the bottom of your post.

Keep doing what you do best.

typical narcissistic. You went back and changed you post.

Hence is says edited on the bottom of your post.

Keep doing what you do best.

You are truly an idiot. The General quoted me before I could edit. His quote of me IS my original, unedited post, genius. That's why there are time stamps on every post AND the edits.

Not to mention you can only edit your post for an hour, then it's permanently locked.

Frakking Mensa scholars you guys got over there. *snerk* just admit you were wrong. About everything. And salvage a little dignity.

Last edited:
You are truly an idiot. The General quoted me before I could edit. His quote of me IS my original, unedited post, genius. That's why there are time stamps on every post AND the edits.

Not to mention you can only edit your post for an hour, then it's permanently locked.

Frakking Mensa scholars you guys got over there. *snerk* just admit you were wrong. About everything. And salvage a little dignity.

Show how far you will go to lye

You truly are sick .

Go on doing what you do best. ( I just hope most if not all see your spin and BS you try and put out)

PS I am sure I am an idiot , but I bet I make over 3x what you do.
That is at flying under 550 hrs for the year for me :)

I would say better lucky than good, but I am talking to someone that has been fired multiple times.

Last edited:
Show how far you will go to lye

You truly are sick .

Go on doing what you do best. ( I just hope most if not all see your spin and BS you try and put out)

PS I am sure I am an idiot , but I bet I make over 3x what you do.
That is at flying under 550 hrs for the year for me :)
Because its ok to be completely vapid as long as you make more money. That makes sense... [rolleyes]

I would say better lucky than good, but I am talking to someone that has been fired multiple times.
Wrong again my oft-inaccurate friend. You're on a roll for wrong answers the last 24 hours. WINNING! Lmao :D

Latest resources

Back