• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to admit its funny watching you guys fight though. Not to mention you SWA guys are fighting each other on a board that was started(instigated) by a new hire at VA. Really? Never mind carry on.....:beer:

It was a joke. Those with a sense of humor got it. Those who don't have one wanted the official news source for the article.

It was a joke. Those with a sense of humor got it. Those who don't have one wanted the official news source for the article.
i know. the sad part is after it was known they still fought. I know you were joking around but you are playing with jokes about peoples lives they feel very strong about.

Your such a hypocrite. Knowing where you came from and now your the bucking rep for the anti outsourcing? Convenient for you to slam the "king of outsourcing(Delta/NWA) " you sucked off. Now at SWA you are the holier than thou anti "outsourcing" guy. What a joke. But hey "southwest would never do that"! Do as I say not as I did?

Hypocrite? That's funny. So blame every regional pilot for Mainline outsourcing? Yea, good luck with that debate. You lose.

Southwest has ironclad code share/scope and really doesn't outsource. Why don't you tell me about how Delta and others do it? Night and Day difference my friend.

RF

Hypocrite? That's funny. So blame every regional pilot for Mainline outsourcing? Yea, good luck with that debate. You lose.

Southwest has ironclad code share/scope and really doesn't outsource. Why don't you tell me about how Delta and others do it? Night and Day difference my friend.

RF

Your response was so weak that I chuckled. An elementary attempt to avoid the subject with "So blame every regional pilot for Mainline outsourcing? Yea, good luck with that debate.". You did exactly what you just accused the general of doing just a few pages back. Pot meet Kettle. You cut your teeth in this industry with the small jet outsourcing that you now condemn. SWA "we would never do that" "Southwest has ironclad code share/scope and really doesn't outsource." The mighty SWA pilot, born and bred, that would never stoop so low as to condone.

Yes, hypocrite, spot on.

Knots,

If it's your point that we outsource some smaller stations, then yes we do....only if they have FIVE departures a day. That's what the company and the union agreed to.

We only codeshare with Volaris on FIVE cities. That's it.

We have ZERO RJs or outsourced feed like most other airlines.

Monster,

Why don't you explain your position about why it's horrible to take a regional job VS the Mainline guys that gave it away? In detail please.

If I could have flight instructed or banner towed until getting hired by a major, I would have gladly done that. But you know that's not the name the of the game put in place by the majors.

Are you actually insinuating that most regional pilots think unlimited scope is good for the industry? That's were you've taken this little debate, and I don't even think you've realized it (in a feeble attempt to try and box me in.)

To put it another way, if I HAD applied, and HAD gotten hired at Delta I would do everything I could to rein in scope. Even if it meant NOT taking a payraise dangled in front of me by Anderson. DALPA just allowed RJs big enough to hold enough people to fill a DC9. They got played.

There've been a few that have acknowledged that we got much worse than what an arbitrator would have likely considered "fair". I appreciate those folks acknowledging that, and have likewise acknowledged that there may be pilots at Southwest who are suffering too.

How nice. You appreciate those that acknowledge where you are, but the funny thing is you cannot acknowledge where many of the SWA f/o's are. You continually campaign for how bad you have it, but you use words like "may" when it comes to what some on the SWA side are going through. On another thread you say that "some" SWA pilots might have some pain for a "short" period of time. You keep on campaigning.....

That's ok. When I'm flying with guys in the left seat who were hired a year or even two after I was, we'll talk about the definition of "permanent harm". How's that?

Or we can just agree to disagree. How's that?

That's ok. When I'm flying with guys in the left seat who were hired a year or even two after I was, we'll talk about the definition of "permanent harm". How's that?

Also with an agreement voted on by my peers 83%..... with more money to my career earnings... you forgot to add...:crying:

Latest resources

Back