• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest's new plan to screw Airtran pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So every other airline must really, really suck!!

Maybe you should go take a look at DAL's Contract '01, or UAL's Contract 2000. Those were contracts to be proud of. And here, over a decade later, SWAPA is still trying to catch up. The only reason you're where you are now, close to the top of the heap in W2 earnings, is because everyone else fell down to your level in bankruptcy. You didn't accomplish anything. You just undercut everyone else and waited for them to suffer the consequences.

Maybe you should go take a look at DAL's Contract '01, or UAL's Contract 2000. Those were contracts to be proud of. And here, over a decade later, SWAPA is still trying to catch up. The only reason you're where you are now, close to the top of the heap in W2 earnings, is because everyone else fell down to your level in bankruptcy. You didn't accomplish anything. You just undercut everyone else and waited for them to suffer the consequences.

What is this you crap? I do not work for SWA. You are just one miserable person, huh? SWA was never a major carrier like Delta or United. They are a LCC, which is doing much better than any major airline out there. Unfortunately, the contracts of the early 2000's is a thing of the past. I see NO pilot group doing anything to fix that. Good luck with your career, seems like you do not enjoy it,

And that is exactly why you went to work for AirTran... sorry little man. :cartman:

PCL...

This place definitely isn't Disneyland...... That being said....

No strike vote, no bankruptcies, pretty nice checks on the fifth and twentieth, and generally a mostly very happy pilot group. Is everything perfect???? Nope. Did you guys get hosed???? Yup!!! Did a lot of our guys get hosed??? You bet! When it is all said and done I really believe we will all be better off because of this acqumergerintegration. I hope someday we can friggin kill this dead horse and get back to banging on the private and his wife OYS.

Flame away PCL... I also can't wait for post 17000 about my 6 leg trip to Lubbock tomorrow... Yeeee Haaaaawwwwww!

Did you guys get hosed???? Yup!!!

OakRBust, I think you may be the only SWA pilot on here who's had the balls and integrity to admit that. Thank you. You're good sh&*.

OakRBust, I think you may be the only SWA pilot on here who's had the balls and integrity to admit that. Thank you. You're good sh&*.
There've been a few that have acknowledged that we got much worse than what an arbitrator would have likely considered "fair". I appreciate those folks acknowledging that, and have likewise acknowledged that there may be pilots at Southwest who are suffering too. Doesn't mean we agree on everything or even the nuances of each others' situations, but being able to see the harm long enough to say, "Sorry, but yeah it sucks for you" merits respect.

That's as much as I'm really able to do at this point as well. I'm at the "acceptance" stage of grief. I've fully vetted what I've lost, year by year, assuming certain growth percentages, bases, quality of life over there per the most recent bid packs, etc., what I eventually benefit from it years from now, and I've come to terms with it for the most part.

Maybe someday I'll move into the "embracing" stage, where I actually enjoy and appreciate the new situation. Until then, the people on this forum who can put their egos aside long enough to take an honest look at it like OAK and others are definitely on my beer-buying list on the overnight. :beer:

Were those contracts sustainable?

Latest resources

Back