Southwest's Kelleher, Barrett stepping down in '08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly!

Any corporate officer has the responsibility to protect the company from liability. If Colleen, or any person in management, did not set and enforce strict guidelines, the company itself could/would be held liable for anything one employee did to another. May not be right, but that is the world we live in today. Colleen would be grossly irresponsible in her role as president if she did not set forth those guidelines. Which by the way are the same at everyother company (airline or not) in the United States today.

NEDUDE..that has to be the nastiest, ugly looking dog/avatar I have ever seen..!!

Easy there, Mr. Juan. I've tried to respond three times and each time I write more and more. Screw it. If you are sensitive, you should be the one apologizing and not everyone else.

Try these first: Get laid, drink more, make more friends (unlike yourself, of course), have some kids, and lather, rinse, repeat. If that doesn't work, I think it's terminal.

Colleen has contributed much, but was and is not a President. She is a nice lady, but no friend of the pilot. She is great at giving out awards, but a liability and everybody knows it. Gary is a machine. Herb will live forever, I hope.

By the way, what a worthless and irrelevant dig on civilians and needless military chest thumping. We get it. Military guys are better than we are and fly better and get more ass and dogfight a mean watch. I am a civilian and unworthy..........got it. I mean we are just lucky to be here. What could we possibly contribute with thousands and thousands of hours? Thank you for the reminder.

Spot on. Guppy might get it it if he ever had a corporate position of responsibility or had the nads to have served in the military. Easy to mouth off from a "Florida State" grad, CFI to regional to major path.

I don't even know how to respond to such idiocy.

You sound like a United dude that never knew how to have fun anyway. You see son, here at Southwestern Airways we work hard and we play hard but Colleen has taken a bunch of fun out of the playing hard. That's about as simply as I can say it.

Good luck getting that plug out of your ass.

Gup

About 10 years ago, or so, SWA caught a rash of sh!t over a FA that was wearing a crucifix outside of her uniform and was reading a bible on the jumpseat. I can't remember if she was fired or threatened with it. I made the news and SWA had to change their uniform policy as a result of all the bad press. No arm-wrestling with Jesus PR stunts were required.

About 10 years ago, or so, SWA caught a rash of sh!t over a FA that was wearing a crucifix outside of her uniform and was reading a bible on the jumpseat. I can't remember if she was fired or threatened with it. I made the news and SWA had to change their uniform policy as a result of all the bad press. No arm-wrestling with Jesus PR stunts were required.

Ok, at the risk of being struck by lightning right now, I will say that if I ever have to go inside a Catholic church again in my life, it will be too soon.......BUT.....BUT.....THIS IS F***ING STUPID!!!! Gawd! Who cares if someone wears a cross on the outside of their uniform? I wouldn't care if she read a bible either. I mean, look at the kind of crap we read in the cockpit. As long as she is not trying to convert anyone and does her job.....WHO GIVES A FLYING F***? People's priorities are seriously screwed up.

Colleen is the reason we can't say ******************** anymore. Or pinch the ass of a hot stew. Or call a gay a gay. Everything exceedingly PC around here is to Ms. Barretts "credit" so I'd just like to say -

You made a great secretary.

Gup

Have heard the same story from a couple of friends there. She is a BUZZ-KILL...............

Maybe she can dictate...........nah nevermind....lol

Ok, at the risk of being struck by lightning right now, I will say that if I ever have to go inside a Catholic church again in my life, it will be too soon.......BUT.....BUT.....THIS IS F***ING STUPID!!!! Gawd! Who cares if someone wears a cross on the outside of their uniform? I wouldn't care if she read a bible either. I mean, look at the kind of crap we read in the cockpit. As long as she is not trying to convert anyone and does her job.....WHO GIVES A FLYING F***? People's priorities are seriously screwed up.

Right on Mega! Seems like an infringement on her rights if she was keeping her thoughts to herself. Sounds like she pissed of some card carrying member of the f-ing ACLU. Does this mean I can go making a huge stink if I am offended by the flamboyance of some of the gays out there? NOPE! I'd be the one getting into trouble. Seems like free speech and expression only apply to minority view points and lifestyles these days. Absolutely unfair and scary.. sorry for the rant. Everyone fly safe!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back