Southwest's $10.2m fine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The $10.2m fine ..."

No problem. As someone else mentioned, AA essentially paid the fine for SWA by sending or causing so many passengers to fly on SWA.

It's all over the the top politics anyway. Knee jerk reactions and absolute over-kill.

That 10.2 million fine will never be paid. It will be negotiated down or completely done away with. But will the media report that? No way, not sensational enough.

Southwest helped Boeing develop there maintenance schedules and inspections on the 737. This issue was self disclosed to the FAA and it was supposed to have been over last year. Someone thought they would blow the whistle on something thats already be covered. Wow, impressive. Southwest is one of the safest airlines out there and aviation in general is safer now than at any other time in its history.

Now the rest of the airlines have been pulling airplanes out of service and canceling flights. Hummmmmmm I wonder why? Maybe they are hiding something too? Or maybe there in bed with there FAA POI. You be the judge.

Lets face it. The FAA is a bureaucracy thats under manned, underfunded and counts on the airlines to do the right thing. The airlines have a vested interest to make sure that Safety is the #1 goal!

In time this will just be another blip on the radar.

Must have touched a nerve! I was just reiterating what I read in the press.
Its pretty ironic that swa gets nailed with a $10 million fine for "buddying up" with the faa?!
It just makes you wonder what other "safety related" issues they're covering up!

What you read in the press??:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blacktop...who gives a rat a55. Yet another idiot posting here for the grammar and spelling police.

Brick:
The feds have always looked the other way at Southwest. It makes you wonder what else they were "shaking hands" on regarding the running of their operation?!

So I guess Delta and AA will be fined by the Feds for having to reinspect their md-80's. What no fine. Well then their must be something going on here. I just can't believe this, what will all the pax say about this.
I hope you will spend more time trying to merge your seniority list then you will posting about how jealous you are about SWA! Take it easy budy and best of luck!

So I guess Delta and AA will be fined by the Feds for having to reinspect their md-80's. What no fine. Well then their must be something going on here. I just can't believe this, what will all the pax say about this.
I hope you will spend more time trying to merge your seniority list then you will posting about how jealous you are about SWA! Take it easy budy and best of luck!

Thanks for the best of luck.
And no, I'm not jealous of SWA. I'm just wondering if their lack of attention to their maint. resulting in a huge fine is any way of how the rest of their airline is run.....You know, that safety thingy??;)

Thanks again for the best wishes bravodude.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back