Southwest's $10.2m fine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lesson plan for VIXIN: research synonyms "then" & "than."

Lesson plan for BRICK TOP: research the definition of "synonym".

Ill help: 1.a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another in the language, as joyful, elated, glad.

Being a smart azz only works when youre correct.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth...

Last edited:
People Who Live In Glass Houses....

Lesson plan for BRICK TOP: research the definition of "synonym".

Ill help: 1.a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another in the language, as joyful, elated, glad.

Being a smart azz only works when youre correct.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth...

And yet you can't seem to place an apostrophe in your words that require one...

Everyone likes to get on southwest b/c they prove over and over that it is possible to hustle and compete in aviation and still be safe.

Meanwhile most major guys are very busy negotiating for their laziness while management only wants to screw them- both sides stepping over the millions of dollars that are out there for someone/anyone who can run an airline. SWA finds win/wins w/ their pilot group to make them more productive- both sharing in that effort- (stop me if i'm wrong) - they've kept their promises for 30 years and you're seeing pilots who care to do a good job and keep the airline on schedule. To me- there's nothing unsafe or wrong w/ hustling and doing the job well.

Criticism for this FAA 'coziness' is better pointed at Bush and another example of how the various administrations under his ultimate leadership tend to be incompetent. It's what happens when you owe people politically- where loyalty counts for more than doing your job well. It's cronyism... pure and simple and ugly. (it's not a coincidence that this has centered around texas companies. btw- how has continental fared in this mess? i haven't heard them mentioned.)

Anybody care to comment on the culture within the FAA that allowed all this to happen.

How would you like to be the whistle-blowers, Mr Boutris and Peters...coming back to the DFW office...the very office where you just ratted out all your buddies.

Any bets on the promotion opportunities ( or lack thereof) for Mr's Boutris and Peters in the remainder of their FAA careers?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back