• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest trip drop question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just some of the rumors I'm starting to hear from the senior SW FO's. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
This deal isn't designed to pass by 100%. If it was, then it would be 0% on the other side.
There is going to be a percentage of people on both sides who feel they are getting disproportionately screwed over and vote no. I'm waiting until I see and understand the whole agreement before I decide how to cast my vote. I will vote my conscious, and will live with outcome no matter if i'm in the majority or minority or if voted up or down.
I would hope everyone on both sides does the same.

I am very poor at writtng so bare with me.

I put my trips in giveaway , where other pilots that a sure thing pick up for the extra flying

I now am off for the month. If i did not pick anything up I would not be getting paid
Interesting. So apparently you have no floor, meaning that there isn't a bottom number of hours (example: 35) that you must fly each month.

if you have a 4 day weekend trip or a trip that doesn't pay well no one will prob want it. now if it has a lbb overnight, it'll go fast.

Sounds a little clunky compared to Flica. With Flica, I just straight drop whatever I want. Then, whenever I feel like it, I put in a pickup request for open trips I like and get instant results.

Oh well, I guess for the raise, I can spend a little more time at the computer.

We must be working for different airlines. For the last 3 months we have had insufficient reserves all month. This begins 10 days before the month even starts !

No dropping and no trading into a day you're not already working.

What magic seat and equipment are you on ?

Why is that?
Because no one picks up straight time, everybody is holding out for premium pay. Now in Feb, a short month, everybody is searching for anything, you could drop anything.

Guys making 300tfp a month? Urban legand, but if it's true, then that guy has no life and is working 23-28 days a month.

Folks are more likely making 105-125, relatively easy by adding a few days above min. Hitting 150-200? Again, guys who like to work 20 plus days a month, go for it, that or they are top 5% and can drop the turns and outbid and win the POT.

Lets keep the totals real folks.

No, you can't drop your whole line unless someone takes your flying.

Latest resources

Back