• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest trip drop question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You would be in error thinking this. The veil of secrecy in what gets thrown out to view is why the process is so beneficial to the company, take that away (full transparency) and we would actually see what goes on behind the curtain, costing the company lots.

Not to mention that the Atari 800s running our systems probably couldn't handle it.......

You never know. If FLICA were simply allowed to make a presentation, it might change some minds.

In our new contract, we got some new things turned On. One of them is Reserve Grid transparency. Now we can see how many people are on Reserve for any date, in any base, in real time. I imagine it probably goes even deeper than that, but that switch would still need to be activated.

I hope GK invests heavily in I.T. during the next few years. If you want to go big into International, plus absorb another Major airline, some serious investments in infrastructure are almost a forgone conclusion.

Now we can see how many people are on Reserve for any date, in any base, in real time. I imagine it probably goes even deeper than that, but that switch would still need to be activated.

We've always had that ability on our system.

We already know that Don. And we know what trip they are on, how much it paid, when they are coming back, how many days they are liable for and how many days they are available, and how far toward their guarantee they are.

Gup

SWA has already had a chance to look at flica. I doubt they will change their bidding software. They already have 5800 pilots used to their system that seem to like it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Yes I drop my whole line every month. Then Pick up when i want to work.

What I do pick up is all at POT ( TIME AND HALF).

I love POT :) premium open time

But, the small print will tell you that if you do put your entire line in "Give-Away", someone has to find your trips attractive, or it is still your trip. This works for me 50-50.

POT is great, but you have to plan it right. POT is more accessable on weekends. Sure there is some on weekdays, but most of the open trips will be on weekends.

And, those Open Time trips are offered at straight time and POT ( POT=time and a half).

If all the guys senior to me are bidding for an open time trip at POT...but I really want that trip, then I can bid it at straight time, and seniority be danged, I'll get that trip because I bid it at straight time.

Likewise if all of us bid that Open Time trip at POT, and there is a reserve available, then it will go to the reserve.

BUT...there are last minute sick calls and the like that get POT's going. If you are willing to play the game, monitor the computer, or put your name on the OTA list, you'll get the calls....3AM...5AM...etc.

Remember the contract. Don't think you are being the good guy by agreeing to "make push".

Be careful with that

Latest resources

Back