• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I agree it is hard forecast anything past one or two really. That's why the 20 year upgrade estimates are based on ZERO growth at SWA for the next two decades. What is the zero growth estimate for upgrade at Spirit?

The only thing that could screw up
the career expectations at Spirit,
would be if Southwest bought them!

The only thing that could screw up
the career expectations at Spirit,
would be if Southwest bought them!

Well, you really didn't answer the question now did you. I will ask it again, what is the ZERO growth upgrade projection at Spirit?

Well, you really didn't answer the question now did you. I will ask it again, what is the ZERO growth upgrade projection at Spirit?

Airlines go through cycles. Southwest went from 100 aircraft in 1990 to
over 400 aircraft in 2010. The upgrades where a product of GROWTH!

Spirit is going from 50 aircraft to about 150 aircraft in seven years. That is what
fuels upgrades.

Why would anyone choose to work for a stagnant airline, when you can
have profitability and growth!

That should allow the next contract to be industry leading!

Kinda like Southwest twenty-five years ago.

Last edited:
"Why would anyone choose to work for a stagnant airline, when you can
have profitability and growth!"

When one companys FO's make more than anothers Capts. That's when.

That should allow the next contract to be industry leading!

You're dealing with Ben Baldanza. The guy picks up used Chapstick in the parking lot. Good luck on that leading contract. It will probably take another strike to get any improvements at all out of this guy.

Another payroll issue that was just discovered, SWA and AT have different federal id numbers for tax withdrawal purposes, if you have maxed out Fica at At then come over to SWA you will have Fica taken out again, something you'll have to get back in tax return. I called payroll and union, they confirmed this is a Federal rule, nothing they have control over. 401k will stop at 17,5 (if your under 50) if you max it out, that system will stop the deduction.

Another payroll issue that was just discovered, SWA and AT have different federal id numbers for tax withdrawal purposes, if you have maxed out Fica at At then come over to SWA you will have Fica taken out again, something you'll have to get back in tax return. I called payroll and union, they confirmed this is a Federal rule, nothing they have control over. 401k will stop at 17,5 (if your under 50) if you max it out, that system will stop the deduction.

Happens with military pay as well. Gets fixed during tax time like you said. I call it ; rich people's problems.

Latest resources

Back