Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to San Juan late 2010 or 2011...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OurMoney1

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news02.php?nw_id=1978&ct_id=0

Looks like Gary is developing a back up plan to his back up plan to his back up plan. So are we gonna see Herb Turds descending into Old San Juan? What'da boys think, how fast can they get over water cert., is this myth, legend, or just the ghost of a Jack Daniels bottle rolling through headquarters smoking a cigarette story.

Check it out the cancer spreads....

Gen Lee will post u guys will take years to learn to fly intl., yet all DCI carriers learn to do intl. in the 3 months notice DL gives them. Over water does not take long

You dont need overwater certification to fly to San Juan.

I may just fly boxes but there are half a dozen Atlantic routes off the East Coast that dump you in San Juan. I'd agree coming off of the Florida coast you dont need overwater cert however anything that coasts you out of the BOS and or BWI area requires it.

Which of the following items does Southwest currently have or not have?

1. A life vest with a survivor locator light for each occupant of the airplane.

2. Life rafts able to accomodate all occupants on the airplane

3. Pyrotechnic signaling device for each life raft

4. One ELT device

5. A survival kit for each life raft

You need the above items to go more than 50 miles from a shoreline. I know some airlines try to fly routes that stay within 50 miles of a shoreline from the U.S. to Puerto Rico.

I believe that SWA has OPSPEC authority to operate on Q100 in the northern gulf with just life vests. ATA had the same thing for their 737's without rafts. I seriously doubt they would launch overwater ops with Class II navigation, so the normal routes (including the T routes) from Florida to SJU ought to be acceptable with this authority.

Which of the following items does Southwest currently have or not have?

1. A life vest with a survivor locator light for each occupant of the airplane.

2. Life rafts able to accomodate all occupants on the airplane

3. Pyrotechnic signaling device for each life raft

4. One ELT device

5. A survival kit for each life raft

You need the above items to go more than 50 miles from a shoreline. I know some airlines try to fly routes that stay within 50 miles of a shoreline from the U.S. to Puerto Rico.

You don't need a life raft to go past 50 miles. AAI doesn't have them (the door slides are not life rafts) and we can go to 162 miles. There was rumor of installing life rafts for CUN so we could more direct, but haven't heard anything lately!

SWA uses WATRS from FL to points north of ILM. In all reality is SJU from MCO really over water? (is it more than 50NM from an airport?)

Latest resources

Back