• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll repeat: How many days off does a Delta Airlines pilot on reserve get?

Don't ask me, I haven't been on reserve in YEARS.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I suspect the General is from some place where the Dukes of Hazzard were seen as real heroes, marrying your cousin was the norm, and he flew for a regional, just to turn around and try and "scope" them out of a job when (if) he got hired at Delta...

ding ding ding, we have a winner...

...or at least he can play "delta pilot" online.

I suspect the General is from some place where the Dukes of Hazzard were seen as real heroes, marrying your cousin was the norm, and he flew for a regional, just to turn around and try and "scope" them out of a job when (if) he got hired at Delta...

You're right. Chicago was just like that. Yeah, that's the ticket. And back then regionals were called "commuters." You need to quit drinking your own urine.

Bye Bye---General Lee

ding ding ding, we have a winner...

I bet you didn't say that after your first trip at SWA....More like "ding ding ding, how many more legs do we have to do now? Darn, I am exhausted. I will be a Captain soon, right? RIGHT? Someone help me! I don't like 25 min turns, forever. Oh Sh^^!"

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Actually- there are thousands of us that fit that latter description, including myself. I was at a regional who worked then and now to stop outsourcing. Hence my longterm signature "Think. Long term."
going after Genlee for that is simply perpetuating the myth that regional pilots have "benefitted" from outsourcing- when the truth is mgmt is the only group that has benefitted-
divide and conquer.

All this from a guy named SKANK..... anyways........if I keep stating it, of course it MUST be true. And yeah, I do have a pretty good life. I feel fortunate. How are you feeling in Yonkers? Still suck? Yeah, I bet you do. Have a great one in your horrible life in Yonkers. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, except a Skank....

Bye Bye---General Lee

14,ooo+ posts, and you claim to have a life?

I'm sure that's pretty close to the truth, sadly.

I'm well aware of what they were called commuters, I flew for one....and even out of Chicago!! But I didn't forget where I came from, unlike others that "graduated" to the majors..instead of treating "commuter pilots" like the plague, the majors should have gotten them stapled and flowed decades ago, when "American Eagle" got painted on the sides of our "Irish Concordes", the writing was on the wall...

Just because SW has slots in EWR doesn't mean they will use them.
Maybe a 3 for 2 trade back to CO/UA for landing slots in LGA after the merger is complete?

Just because SW has slots in EWR doesn't mean they will use them.
Maybe a 3 for 2 trade back to CO/UA for landing slots in LGA after the merger is complete?

That's probably more closer to the truth than most people realize.

Latest resources

Back