• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The thing is, it really isn't that tough. I enjoy it because it is easier than multi leg domestic flying. That is the point. It is a First Class buffet dinner (lots of choices for meals and desserts on the flights) all the way to Happy Hour in Europe. And, when the legs are over 8 hours long each, think how many LAS to ONT hops could be done within that time? That is the point guys, you will just never understand. Too bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you only knew...

I love it when the General is 0 for 8 within a few days with his arguements. Just doesn't have any solid ground to stand on.

Hey General, the customer service at SW is what keeps bringing the passengers back, and your passengers headed our way.

Just talked to a businessman who said he can't stand how Delta..

Charges for bags

Charges to talk to someone on the phone

Charges for a small reservation change

Charges for curbside check in

it just goes on and on.

What about your stoooopid commercials about going NONSTOP? Those two captains sound like Bo and Luke Dumbazz. And what about the classic lady saying "We're not saying the others are BAD, We're just AWESOME...." Look into her eyes next time when she says that---seriously psycho. Probably your current girlfriend.

And when you talk about passengers wanting to leave this airline for that, you have to remember that mostly we are talking about different type passengers. You tout your customer service, yet you have no live TVs or movies, no first class sections for longer flights, no real meals (via First Class tickets) and no real difference in service to offer business people. Instead, you have a goofy American Idol strike out who wants to play the banjo on the PA and annoy people who want to sleep.

And guess what about the bag fees? They make the Legacies MILLIONs of dollars. Why should you care about that policy or not? Don't you want profit sharing checks? Charges for this, charges for that---does that really bother you as a pilot? Really? Do you tear up while talking about it? You and SKC need a tissue.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you only knew...

Wow, sounds mysterious???? Did you do it before? Do you miss it? I bet you do. So much easier. I can easily get a nice nap in the first class seat in each direction, which is really important for INTL flying. If you can do that, then the jet lag doesn't bother you, and you can enjoy your trip to the fullest. I can, and that makes me happy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The thing is, it really isn't that tough. I enjoy it because it is easier than multi leg domestic flying. That is the point. It is a First Class buffet dinner (lots of choices for meals and desserts on the flights) all the way to Happy Hour in Europe. And, when the legs are over 8 hours long each, think how many LAS to ONT hops could be done within that time? That is the point guys, you will just never understand. Too bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Allegedly the dude who recently croaked on his way in from Niroibi on yall died from the meals. True?

Time at home, effeciency, scoreboard, paycheck, employee relations = SWA.

First class crewmeals, jetlag, bankruptcy, double breasted sub commander jackets, outsourcing flying = DAL. congrats!!!

Ummmm what? Can you have a broken APU across the Atlantic? Nope. Do you even know what an ETOPS check is before EACH crossing? That is a lot more than just a visual check by an FO. .

YO SKC, clean up your own messes before criticizing others.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just had a jumpseater that worked at ATA for many, many years before ATA's shutdown. He said he tought the Long Range Nav and ETOPS class. He said that due to Delta's unusually high number of track busts, and ATA's zero track busts, that Delta had ATA teach them the proper way to cross the pond.

He did mention a funny story about how one of your guys in the late 90s went to hdg select at night to scoot around a storm. He forgot it was in hdg select and did a complete 360. When they got to Europe, they were behind the guys they started out ahead of. Pretty funny, huh? We got a good laugh. I was just suprised Delta went to ATA for help.

Wow, sounds mysterious???? Did you do it before? Do you miss it? I bet you do. So much easier. I can easily get a nice nap in the first class seat in each direction, which is really important for INTL flying. If you can do that, then the jet lag doesn't bother you, and you can enjoy your trip to the fullest. I can, and that makes me happy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Keep packing those sundaes away.......sans a belt pants will go well with that blazer.

Allegedly the dude who recently croaked on his way in from Niroibi on yall died from the meals. True?

Time at home, effeciency, scoreboard, paycheck, employee relations = SWA.

First class crewmeals, jetlag, bankruptcy, double breasted sub commander jackets, outsourcing flying = DAL. congrats!!!

Not even close, but good for effect! Wrong gender (you have gender problems too I bet), and wrong city. I am so glad you guys never have medical problems on SWA flights---probably because you kick off fat people, and skinny people. Should I bring up the actual articles for you to look at? Also, you guys look like the "hooker train" from BUR to LAS each night, which must be fun for you to watch.

So, let's get this right again---you are a high paid regional with one plane type, forever, multiple leg days, 25 min turns, eating peanuts, running for pizza, laying over in places like LBB, MAF, ISP, EWR, HRL, and AMA.

We are first class crew meals, variety in flying, variety in layovers, good pay getting better (which means you won't have anything to compare with after the next DL contract comes through), and are hiring pilots---not stagnate like you for the next couple years. To top it all off, you just got EWR slots! That will be so much fun for you. Welcome to the delay party. Your downline connections will just LUV you for it.

That's more like it. Enjoy ELP.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Keep packing those sundaes away.......sans a belt pants will go well with that blazer.

Thanks Fonzi, those cool leather jackets are liked in LBB. Those people think you guys are Gods.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just had a jumpseater that worked at ATA for many, many years before ATA's shutdown. He said he tought the Long Range Nav and ETOPS class. He said that due to Delta's unusually high number of track busts, and ATA's zero track busts, that Delta had ATA teach them the proper way to cross the pond.

He did mention a funny story about how one of your guys in the late 90s went to hdg select at night to scoot around a storm. He forgot it was in hdg select and did a complete 360. When they got to Europe, they were behind the guys they started out ahead of. Pretty funny, huh? We got a good laugh. I was just suprised Delta went to ATA for help.

I don't know if that is totally correct, but it sounds like they liked ATA's procedures. As far as track busts, I don't know, but DL has more flights than anyone else across the Atlantic. How long did it take you guys again to just learn VNAV and use the new PFDs? And, how do you guys do in the overrun category? Need a little help with that? Maybe you guys need to call an RJ operator and ask them how to manage speed on rollout.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And being a SWA dispatcher yourself, it must be kinda boring for you too. No INTL cities to check, no INTL coordination when things go wrong, instead---you just have to call Sally in MAF or Duane in LBB and make sure there are peanunts ready to go when the flight from Vegas gets there, and check the local weather-----clear and 100 degrees F. Good for you. Sounds rough.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You're right, it's relatively easy. After 4 years at a regional, 9 at an intl supplemental, and now 2 here, there's major benefits to being domestic. I don't have issues with foreign agencies, no overfly permits to deal with, no chance customs in Bishkek wants to go home before my flight arrives, weather is (fairly) trustworthy and timely, I have ASD coverage so I can see where every one of my flights are at all times in relation to the weather. No language barriers. I don't worry about catering (don't any way). Getting fuel isn't an issue. I don't have to fill out Gen Decs or insure customs is updated on the latest arrival times. Eurocontrol doesn't reissue my flight plan six different times within a one hour window. I don't have to route around Alabama because they're doing military exercises.

So, maybe up in your sheep-skinned seat international travel is this glorious event, but from a position that actually has to plan the thing, it's almost more hassle than it's worth. ETOPS is nice and effective at moving people across the pond more efficiently on two engined aircraft, but it's not like you're taking the yellow brick road to Oz.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back