• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SouthWest to buy Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the JB pilots would be wary of any sort of "process agreement." Lawyer up Boyz!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Onething's for sure- junior SWA FOs won't be nearly as silent if GK and the board decide to buy jetblu- we just can't afford them buying another young carrier that has plenty of captains younger than most SWA FO's. We would not support a deal nearly as good as Air tran got. ( And you did get a damn good list). You think the last one had drama- not sure the FI world understands where SWA FO's stand on merger issues.

Onething's for sure- junior SWA FOs won't be nearly as silent if GK and the board decide to buy jetblu- we just can't afford them buying another young carrier that has plenty of captains younger than most SWA FO's. We would not support a deal nearly as good as Air tran got. ( And you did get a damn good list). You think the last one had drama- not sure the FI world understands where SWA FO's stand on merger issues.

"Damn good list"? Dude, what are you smoking? Could I have a hit?

1) SWA is not going to buy JB!!

2) Can we please turn this into another 40 page thread where the same 6 dudes go back and forth about the list?

I really doubt this. Do you really think if swa made a move dal and amr would sit there and watch it happen? If we had 737s I might worry but who knows. Just another rumor...also there is nothing stopping swa from building bos and fll.

What would DAL do? There is no way the DOJ/DOT would approve a DAL/JB combo. And AA will have their hands full with a US integration for the next several years. Perfect time for SWA to make a move.

If SWA wanted to build BOS what gates would they use? Same with FLL?

"Damn good list"? Dude, what are you smoking? Could I have a hit?

His idea of a fair list is a complete staple. The fact that it is not means that we got a good deal in his own warped view. Wave probably has kids named Luv and Dallas plus has "Warrior One" painted on his canyon blue Prius.

Phred

I really doubt this. Do you really think if swa made a move dal and amr would sit there and watch it happen? If we had 737s I might worry but who knows. Just another rumor...also there is nothing stopping swa from building bos and fll.

DAL and AMR have large operations in the NE and would have antitrust problems purchasing JB. SW has a very small NE presence and may be the only very large carrier that could get approval for a merger with JB, very little NE overlap. I'm not saying it would happen, SW has it's hands full with the AT merger, starting international operations, updating computer systems, etc and a merger with JB would be messy given the fleet problem. However, from a route standpoint it looks interesting. I don't think any of the big 3 legacy carriers would be able to buy JB and have it get by the justice department. Possibly AMR or USAirways if their merger fails to get completed but it's going to get done.

I'm not saying JB will get bought and I'm not saying SW wants another merger but if I had to put money on the most likely partner for JB if it comes to that I would say SW. The NE is a big bald spot for SW and they can never get what JB has there by doing it organically because of the slot restrictions. SW will probably sit, collect cash, watch and wait. If an opportunity presents itself they will have the cash to take advantage of it.

I would also like to add that when I predict what will happen in this industry I am pretty much always wrong :)

Latest resources

Back