• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to buy Cape Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly what is wrong with our industry. Just like when I jump on some of the cargo carriers and they say who is Chautauqua. You aren't gate agents people. If everyone were to edjucate themselves about at least the carriers in there country our proffesion would be much better.

well when the carriers stop hiring people with a GED equivilant..then maybe I will take time to learn about these airlines that hire these type of people...learn to spell jacka$$

Someone has been drinking rum again. I'm guessing it was Cruzan or Don Q and came from a duty free store in St. Thomas. Either way, I would love to eat my words later on, but that is just crazy. Cape Air will be flying 402's with refurbished wing straps in 2099 and the top 10% of the seniority list will still be flying them. :p

Someone has been drinking rum again. I'm guessing it was Cruzan or Don Q and came from a duty free store in St. Thomas. Either way, I would love to eat my words later on, but that is just crazy. Cape Air will be flying 402's with refurbished wing straps in 2099 and the top 10% of the seniority list will still be flying them. :p

No way dude, they had to have been drinking Rinaldo or some other half-proof swill in order to dream up that kind of story.

If Cape Air gets bought up and is infused with a bunch of Qs, I will gladly celebrate the awesomeness of the event. But it's about as likely to happen as Drew Barrymore showing up in my office wearing only a fur coat, carrying a case of beer, and holding a note from my wife that says "have fun."

I highly doubt that Southwest would use turbo props as a feed. Back in 2005 when they provided loans to ATA and owned about 25% of them, Southwest started a code share with ATA. ATA had a subsidiary called Chicago Express that flew Saab 340s. Southwest refused to code share with Chicago Express based on the fact that they did not want to put their customers on Turbo Props. In fact after the deal went through with ATA, there were Southwest employees running the board at ATA; with in a couple of months Chicago Express was shut down even though it was a profitable airline.

If anything, Southwest might be shopping for a cheap certificate and once they get it, they will purchase new aircraft. If anything I see them buying EMB 175s or something of that nature. To the general public, a 175 looks like a mini 737.

This is exactly what is wrong with our industry. Just like when I jump on some of the cargo carriers and they say who is Chautauqua. You aren't gate agents people. If everyone were to edjucate themselves about at least the carriers in there country our proffesion would be much better.

HA! Missed one.

G.E.D. revoked.

W

Latest resources

Back