• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest taxis past me while I roll out on landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry about SWA's taxi speed. Just tuck in close in the draft and save some gas. No bump drafting, though. That would be bad.

:D

I love it when the controllers see some (insert name) carrier doing the 2 knot taxi and the controller has the other carrier behind him back taxi and then clear them for takeoff. If you want to do a work action do it on your own time...

Probably two commuters trying to make their flight home.

I think it is a little sad though..

I don't like pay per trip. Rush all day long, taxi, fly as fast as you can - so you can have a couple of extra minutes to inhale a burger and fries while reading the check list. I can see it being fun for the first few months, but same airplane, same 30 minute turns and rush for the rest of the career...

Not quite the set up of airline pilot job I dreamed about in high school.

Not good on the life span either.

And all of this just so that the company can look at historic blocks and cut flight times and pay per trip too!

I don't like pay per trip. Rush all day long, taxi, fly as fast as you can - so you can have a couple of extra minutes to inhale a burger and fries while reading the check list. I can see it being fun for the first few months, but same airplane, same 30 minute turns and rush for the rest of the career...

And all of this just so that the company can look at historic blocks and cut flight times and pay per trip too!

That's all very true, but show me any aspect of this job that is what you thought it would be when you were in high school.

I'm just doing this until I finish my best-selling novel anyway ; )

High School dreams, LOL. Good one!

I was dreaming about who I could get into the back of my Chevelle that weekend.

Good let me know who you are so I can make sure you will never be here.

Latest resources

Back