• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
WTF

Semi-sarcastic post

(If SWA can get away with it, more power to them....)

I landed the other day in the King Air, on roll-out coming down thru 80 knots, 60, 40, 30, I see a SWA on the parallel to my runway maintaining pace with me, then pass me (I never fully stopped) as I came down thru 20 knots or so and turned onto the high speed. I guess they were going to another runway

My copilot told me "whats he gonna do, rotate"

!!!!!

Note: Earlier in the day, tower asked American if they would be ready at the end and AA responded "We will need a few minutes"

Hmm whats up with that

Note: Earlier in the day, tower asked American if they would be ready at the end and AA responded "We will need a few minutes"

Hmm whats up with that

Probably waiting on his closeout. Can't T/O without the numbers!

Had one taxi past me in FLL, at least 60 knots, no exaggeration! Taxied behind him to the runway at my usual 20, he was number three for takeoff, I was four. My First and I couldn't believe it.

Satpak,

What is a safe taxi speed in a 737 on a one mile long straight taxiway?

I think it's 50 knots but I'm only allowed 30!

Gup

WTF

Semi-sarcastic post

(If SWA can get away with it, more power to them....)

I landed the other day in the King Air, on roll-out coming down thru 80 knots, 60, 40, 30, I see a SWA on the parallel to my runway maintaining pace with me, then pass me (I never fully stopped) as I came down thru 20 knots or so and turned onto the high speed. I guess they were going to another runway

My copilot told me "whats he gonna do, rotate"

!!!!!

Hmm whats up with that

Dude, you're getting that government stink on you, semi-sacastic response...

WTF

Hmm whats up with that

May have been me.

When #1 at the runway, I hit the PA audio for a quick check on the FA's pax briefing. If I hear the tape of "Jorge" reading leaf blower operating instructions in esspanyol, we end up waiting a minute.

A few of us have figured out there aren't any "air medals" awarded for rushing, and you will get nuked if you screw up while in a hurry, especially without a ASAP program up and running.

Latest resources

Back