• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest taxis past me while I roll out on landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good let me know who you are so I can make sure you will never be here.

Whatever dude!! I like SWA but it's a job. Pay is good, the days off are plentiful, but tell me you weren't hoping you would be flying that 747 to Hong Kong instead of your 5th leg to OMA in some piece of crap -300?

It's a slog to get to that last leg especially if you are sitting next to some retard former fighter guy for 3 days.

Last edited:
WTF

Semi-sarcastic post

(If SWA can get away with it, more power to them....)

I landed the other day in the King Air, on roll-out coming down thru 80 knots, 60, 40, 30, I see a SWA on the parallel to my runway maintaining pace with me, then pass me (I never fully stopped) as I came down thru 20 knots or so and turned onto the high speed. I guess they were going to another runway

My copilot told me "whats he gonna do, rotate"

!!!!!

Note: Earlier in the day, tower asked American if they would be ready at the end and AA responded "We will need a few minutes"

Hmm whats up with that

Wait a minute... You're telling me SWA taxies fast, and AA moves like they're in contract negotiations!?

What rock have you been flying under?

Get over it guys and gals. SWA has not had any problems with the way they taxi their aircraft.......and yes , just let us know who you are and we can make sure you will not ever have to worry about that fast taxi speed. I am sure we won't have anyone step up to the plate and reveal who they are.

but tell me you weren't hoping you would be flying that 747 to Hong Kong instead of your 5th leg to OMA in some piece of crap -300?

What is going on here! When people bash SWA they always use 6 legs a day and include some dumpy west Texas town.

Don't start slacking on us now.

I will have to ponder that tomorrow on my LAS-ISP flight in my worn out 700.

Also the cliche 747 to the Pacific rim bit is getting old. Lets try a 777 to Sydney with 36 hours off and a gaggle of young single (female) FA's.

Personally, I enjoy the race to 28 in BWI. I usually win, but once in awhile get Kurt Busch behind the yoke:) on the LUVboat!

Whatever dude!! I like SWA but it's a job. Pay is good, the days off are plentiful, but tell me you weren't hoping you would be flying that 747 to Hong Kong instead of your 5th leg to OMA in some piece of crap -300?

It's a slog to get to that last leg especially if you are sitting next to some retard former fighter guy for 3 days.

Dude, count me as a "NO" vote...we need to get an FO avoidance bid in there somehow...

Last edited:

Brother I dont think so. I was Eastern at 24 and could have gone to AA. There are alot of things at SWA that need to be fixed but by far its a pilots airline. I have not had an OMA layover in over 5 years :)

Last edited:
I'm semi OK with the FOM limits on a straight-away, but fast turns piss me off and hitting the "J" line at Mach 2 (exaggeration) really gets me nerved. I also hate it when the Cappy is half to the runway when I finally get a chance to call for taxi.

Yes, I work for SWA and I've had an OMA overnight twice too many this year so far.

Last edited:
Screwed

I guess I'm really screwed. I don't want to fly for SWA or fly 747s (or 777s) to the Pac rim!;)

Latest resources

Back