Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol! Right!

The first thing that pilot has to realize is he is 50+ years old now and not 35. You are not pulling them in like the good old days and can't figure out why. You have a harder time relating to the younger crew members. For some reason your tail hook approach to your crew members just isn't as well received as it was in the Top Gun days. Re read Waves post. Go down and have a beer. You don't have to try and make it a Main Sail night every night. If you are worried about saying the wrong things, let the other folks do the talking.

What can I say, you've obviously got this figured out. And it sounds like such fun, who in his right mind would want to miss out on that?

I have no problem doing that to real SWA pilots

Nice. It is folks like you that make people dislike SWA. If you have such a problem with AirTran folks, take it up with GK.

I think I met you once...I'm betting your initials are BH and you are based in Phoenix. You were an a$$ then and you apparantly haven't changed.

Phred.

Last edited:
Well said Wave....the culture is slowly being eroded but we can at least take care of our fellow pilots. I've been here a little over 9 years and I never paid for a thing in a year and a half as a new guy. Here lately I've bought more stuff for a newbie than a captain making a ton more than me. Hoping to upgrade in August and I'll do my best to take care of the newbies and AirTran people coming over. Hopefully we can remember it was done for us at one point so we need to keep it alive.

Well said Wave....the culture is slowly being eroded but we can at least take care of our fellow pilots. I've been here a little over 9 years and I never paid for a thing in a year and a half as a new guy. Here lately I've bought more stuff for a newbie than a captain making a ton more than me. Hoping to upgrade in August and I'll do my best to take care of the newbies and AirTran people coming over. Hopefully we can remember it was done for us at one point so we need to keep it alive.
Amen to you Sir! As a "probie", I was never allowed to pay for anything. I fully understood that drinks were always on the Captain as a matter of tradition. However, it didn't really matter where we were, the hotel bar, Starbucks or an airport restaurant, I usually would be told to put my wallet away. When I told several Captains that I was beginning to feel like a mooch, the universal comment was "Don't worry, you will get your chance to return the favor to someone else down the line." It never felt like they had to do it, it always felt like they wanted to do it. That made it a lot easier for me to accept their great generosity.

Sorry, but I've never seen the appeal of hanging out with the people I've just been locked in an aluminum tube with for 8 hours.
Wow, that's just plain sad. I fly with people I enjoy hanging out with all the time. I hope that some day you'll be lucky enough to have that experience as well. (!?!)

Wow, that's just plain sad. I fly with people I enjoy hanging out with all the time. I hope that some day you'll be lucky enough to have that experience as well. (!?!)

Oh, I do too, but it's far from universal. There are plenty of times I'm flying with some guy I have no desire to spend any additional time with, and I feel no obligation to do so because of some idiotic CULTure. If I want to go to the bar, I will. If I don't, I won't. "Culture" be damned.

To date I've never gotten a free beer offer from somebody I couldn't stand so much I'd refuse.

I don't value beer all that highly, so I guess that's where we part ways. Free bourbon might be a little harder to turn down, though. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back