Southwest PROFIT 1 QTR - BABY!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deacon said:
SWA will always show a profit as long as they have their hedges in place....not really big news here....without their hedges they don't make money flying airplanes..even GK has admitted this several times

However as someone said their Management has their sh*t together and know how to make the airline profitable

SWA will spend over $100 mil more a quarter next year due to less hedging. So, yes, the profit is largely due to hedge.

2008 is another year that will see higher costs due to less hedging. I've heard almost $100 mil more a quarter than in 2007.

I hope we can raise prices enough to make up the difference.

How many free tickets will AA offer that year? 20,000 40,000 or maybe 60,000???

Theirs only one thing that remains true in all aspects of business. Management makes the company! SWA has a great management team. Having said that, all good things come to an end. SWA will eventually fall on hard times, everyone does. Enjoy it and hope it lasts til retirement.

HighSpeedClimb said:
Theirs only one thing that remains true in all aspects of business. Management makes the company! SWA has a great management team. Having said that, all good things come to an end. SWA will eventually fall on hard times, everyone does. Enjoy it and hope it lasts til retirement.

You are definitely not invited to one of my par-tays dog. You would be the Debbie Downer.

Peace out.

CaptAntoineMack said:
You are definitely not invited to one of my par-tays dog. You would be the Debbie Downer.

Not trying to down you out. SWA is a long way from falling victim to F list mgmt. But change does come. Are you going to retire in the next 20 years? If so no worries.:bawling:

SWA is a great company, no one denies that...SWA/FO, just give it a rest dude. We all realize that SWA is making money...has anyone ever doubted that to you on here? I surely haven't seen it. Why don't you just throttle back a little and not rub it in the nose of the poor guys that are flying with carriers that are unfortunately losing money. I just don't understand your braggart demeanor...is it necessary?

Last edited:
Scrapdog said:
SWA is a great company, no one denies that...SWA/FO, just give it a rest dude. We all realize that SWA is making money...has anyone ever doubted that to you on here? I surely haven't seen it. Why don't you just throttle back a little and not rub it in the nose of the poor guys that are flying with carriers that are unfortunately losing money. I just don't understand your braggart demeanor...is it necessary?

Egomaniac and of course the small p&nis syndrome. I've seen it many times before. He will never change. I'm just happy most other SWA pilots aren't like him.:puke:

I just don't understand your braggart demeanor...is it necessary?

I call it PRIDE. Hard work paying off. See, the better SWA does the better I do. Simple.

:pimp:

I agree Mgm...I've got 2 SWA guys in my unit who are awesome. Very easy going and never bragging about how much money they make each quarter. I mean for god's sakes - who the he!! cares. They make me want to try and get a job with SWA, and luckily most of the SWA guys I met are pretty solid dudes. Unfortunately, like most things in life, there are a few guys that slip through the cracks that have to continously open their pie hole and brag about how much money they're making over and over. Standard broken record...after a while the noise just sounds like continuous garbage.

SWA/FO - no one doubts you work hard, but the bragging about how much money you're making is unnecessary

Last edited:
Working on it my friend - unfortunately each sortie in a jet with a little gas tank and a big motor only gives you about 1.2 hours per pop. But I'm trying!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back