• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest PROFIT 1 QTR - BABY!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You get used to SWAFO. He figures if he gets on here and pumps SWA enough nothing bad will ever happen. Frankly, I would much rather tolerate his bragging crap than see anything change over there. Especially for his sake. Its guys like him that burn up worst when the airline career starts circling the drain.

He is a tool. Wait til we all have to put up with SWACA!

Roger that Flop, I think that sums it up pretty fairly. Again, my hat's off to SWA, I do indeed think it's a great company, even in spite of folks that continously run their mouth like a toilet on how much money they get to roll in.

Is this an anonymous message board for entertainment, or what? Man some of you other guys need to lighten up and quit getting so bothered by the people that post here. I have friends at bankrupt airlines and when we get together do I go around bragging about what profit we made, NO. We don't even talk about flying because we really could care less. I think what amazes me is that someone opens a link to a thread titled "Southwest PROFIT 1 QTR - BABY!!!!!!!!" and then get pissed at what they read. Number 1, Free Speech and number 2, find another message board or at least another thread.:rolleyes: :confused:

Mugs said:
What you should really be whooping about is the $131 million benefit from the fuel hedges for the quarter that made the net income figure above happen.

Of course we do. Thats what you get when your management team is concerned about running a profitable airline instead of looking to furlough and reduce benefits and compensation...like some others.

Thats what I like about Gary and his team....they're always thinkin'

Tejas

canyonblue said:
Is this an anonymous message board for entertainment, or what? Man some of you other guys need to lighten up and quit getting so bothered by the people that post here. I have friends at bankrupt airlines and when we get together do I go around bragging about what profit we made, NO. We don't even talk about flying because we really could care less. I think what amazes me is that someone opens a link to a thread titled "Southwest PROFIT 1 QTR - BABY!!!!!!!!" and then get pissed at what they read. Number 1, Free Speech and number 2, find another message board or at least another thread.:rolleyes: :confused:

Earnings are being reported, a lot of info is coming in. Most airlines' small-ish losses are good news and are being evenly characterized. UPS reports some serious bucks and the dialog is pretty level headed. SWA makes some money again and SWAFO has to put out the news like its trashtalk! Its not evenly/fairly/modestly characterized by him in the least and 90% of the folks on here would agree. Its goofy and you know it; It reflects poorly on your airline. You should be correcting his behavior and not berrating anyone for being annoyed.

BTW Canyonblue, I just reread my post and I think it was pretty even keel. I think it a stretch to call me "pissed".

canyonblue said:
Canyon,

It's SWA/FO. He annoys everyone on this board with his cheerleading crap. I get tired of it too. We are supposed to be a humble airline who is thankful for what we have and never to take it for granted. We are a winning right now because GK made a good gamble with hedges a few years ago. Let's hope it continues but who knows. We could be the next airline to fall into ch11.

SWA/FO give it a rest and go away for a month or two. You probably are a nice guy but you are a jerk on here.

Last edited:
DH2WN is correct. Most WN pilots would be embarrased by this rookies comments, I know I am. I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but it borders on classless to flaunt it here where so many have sacrificed so much. The majority of WN pilots realize just how tentitive prosperity is and that our current position is due to a hellava lot of hard work from those that came before us.

So SWA/FO..STFU already
I'm tired of it...and so is everyone else

Guys, SWAFO might have a good job, with good management, but ego stroking is a personal problem most SWA pilots I know don't have. I've got 2 buddies in particular at SWA that joke about their own bragging. They say everytime one of their own start, they remind them of who over ran runways at two different airports. No disrespect to those who did, just a window, that all people and companies are flawed. Remenber, these were SWA pilots who told this to me.

Flopgut said:
Earnings are being reported, a lot of info is coming in.

Then the better source would be the Financial Websites and not the Onion of Aviation "Flightinfo". BTW, Your post does not even hint of being pissed. I was talking about anyone in general who gets annoyed at an anonymous message board and the posters. Other SWA guys, relax. Unless one of you is F/O Williams, then I know where you are coming from.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back