Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bigoober,

Guy in my interview group did this. Seriously. I won't tell you his background. (USAF) He also didn't answer when the interview gal started calling names to head to the interview room until she referred to him as "Callsign".

Interview girl: Is Joe Schmoe here? Joe? Schmoe, Joseph?

Callsign guy: Oh do you mean Joe "Vapor" Schmoe? 'Cause if so, that's me! <------- Not his real callsign.

Interview girl: Uh, ok. Come with me...

High comedy I tell ya. He is not a pilot for SWA now...

Congrats to you! Welcome aboard! See you at the party!! :beer:

Last edited:
Congrats guys!

BTW, my buddy got his whole November schedule cleared to go to HQ in Dallas to work with management on a project he would rather not have me let anyone in on. A little hint, it's a pilot productivity enhancement project. I'll let you know any info I get from him. He thinks he might even get a permanent job in Dallas!

Congrats guys!

BTW, my buddy got his whole November schedule cleared to go to HQ in Dallas to work with management on a project he would rather not have me let anyone in on. A little hint, it's a pilot productivity enhancement project. I'll let you know any info I get from him. He thinks he might even get a permanent job in Dallas!

Tell Hugo he can kiss my ass!

Gup

Speaking of......

From what I remember, there are 188 training slots for the classes coming up in the next quarter yet I believe only 170-something poolies coming in. Does Southwest plan on opening up the app to fill that small void?

I know I it should open up soon anyways just to have the data from the new format.

There are really 170 poolies?
Thought it was less, impatiently
waiting for the application window
to open again.
Congrats to all you guys drying off for class!

Congrats guys!

TC. It was great to meet you in Dallas during the re-interview.

Latest resources

Back