• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad to hear, and not to be a Debby Downer, but I have a question.

The Tranny has 88 717's (according to a MSM article so I don't assume accuracy on the number). Cleary, the "new" Southwest will liquidate those airplanes in rather short order after the deal closes. Doesn't that make the airline fat by several hundred pilots? I don't see 75 or so 737's sitting around available to replace those seats. I know (think?) they won't furlough but why would they hire new guys until they sort out staffing post-merger?

No flame. Just a serious question.

So Gary is planning on violating one of the "prime directives" that contributed greatly to Southwest's dominating success?

I wonder if Herb is shaking his head while he pours another Wild Turkey.

So Gary is planning on violating one of the "prime directives" that contributed greatly to Southwest's dominating success?

I wonder if Herb is shaking his head while he pours another Wild Turkey.

Already violated one of the top "prime directives" when he started operating into LGA, PHL, and now ATL. They'll be fine, but the operational efficiencies are quickly becoming more and more legacy-like. A slew of 800s won't help this.

Look at this a a good thing, maybe more competition for my airline but I see it (even though I know one moderator doesn't ;) as a low pilot paying airline is being replaced by a high pilot paying airline. Good thing for pilots in my book. I'm a pilot first and a Delta pilot second. JMHO

Latest resources

Back