• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest "Poolie" calls are going out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of the guys/gals I've heard about, none of them were given a reason.

DUI, busted PC's (not computers), arrests, fired from a job while in the pool, crap attitude in "re-interview" (this was quite a story...), etc. Four of these are guesses, one was part of a relayed tale. Dont know if it's true.

Last edited:
The Airtran guys are being sent "Stapled", and "We are better than you". Turns out you can find these books in the Fantasy section of your local library.

Which Southwest book does everyone read before their interview there?

Personally, I read "Nuts!" but only made it through about 3/4 of it because the rah-rah stuff seemed a little hard to believe. Then I read "Hard Landing" and got a more objective picture of the industry that I aspired to, and it substantiated a lot of the claims that I thought were a little too good to be true in "Nuts!". And that is why (in 2000, when everyone was hiring) I moved SWA from the bottom of my wish list to the very top. When I got the call I was hired (June 2000, class date in 2001), I tore up the United application I had been working on, and canceled the Northwest interview I had coming up. I held on to the American interview 'til the second day of class, then I called them up and left a message that I wouldn't be there - and then handed my phone to another classmate of mine to tell them the same thing, lol. True story.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

PS SWA has lived up to every one of my expectations. It really is a great place to work.

My buddy said the company has soured on quite a few of guys in the pool. He's optimistic that I'll be on property while on terminal leave from the AF though!

Poor taste Tanker. These are guys careers you're making light of. Guys that were already told YES once and waited over 2 years.

Gup

Guppy, I just telling you what he's telling me. These "re-interviews" aren't just a formality. They aren't taking anywhere near 100% of the poolies. They are in fact "souring" on some of them for some reason. But, my friend does think they company is trying to get into an expansion mode. That doesn't sound bad. And he's confident that I will be able to cash in on that. He's a good friend who's just looking out for another friend.

Latest resources

Back