Southwest Plans Mexico Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Mea,

Didn't you hear. You can't make money flying to Hawaii - at least that's what we're told.

Gup

How has Gary not lived up to his promise of "providing you a secure future for you and your family."

Yes I do drink the coolaid. But, pilots can barely manage their finances, why do they think they can run an airline?

HE definetly ain't herb. You and I are completly in agreement here. They are damn near polar opposites. HE dresses up on Halloween, but there are 364 other days that HE can hold a flame to Herb. However, I don't have a reason not to trust HIM yet.

You could be right, and I could be retarded.

Well at least you are honest about drinking the koolaid, it takes a big man to admit it. As far as finances, speak for yourself. there are those of us out there that are running ours very well thanks....

Is this really that hard to figure out?
We blaze a trail and learn the ins and outs of int'l flying on someone else's coat-tail, and then do it ourselves. It is VERY expensive to open up a city. I believe it's a cheap way to explore intl ops.
By the way, I am of firm belief that Gary would crash the 737 in the first 1min of flight - he's not a pilot. All pilots would run this company into the ground in the first week if we were CEO. He is doing his job, we are doing ours. He and Herb have NEVER yet given us a reason to believe that they don't have our best interests in mind.

You mean like with ATA. This is an example of airline management 101. Why would a company as big as SW need to ride on coat-tails to fly to Mexico.?. Flying in mexico is nothing like flying in let's say the Carribean. I don't get this one either.

Is this really that hard to figure out?
We blaze a trail and learn the ins and outs of int'l flying on someone else's coat-tail, and then do it ourselves. It is VERY expensive to open up a city. I believe it's a cheap way to explore intl ops.
By the way, I am of firm belief that Gary would crash the 737 in the first 1min of flight - he's not a pilot. All pilots would run this company into the ground in the first week if we were CEO. He is doing his job, we are doing ours. He and Herb have NEVER yet given us a reason to believe that they don't have our best interests in mind.

I would agree with you, but Volaris has no int'l experience. They don't currently fly out of Mexico as far as I know. The press release says they will begin flying to the U.S. next year. I hope we are not going to try to learn int'l ops from them, they don't yet know how to do it. Bottom line, I am very nervous about codeshare, and swapa's willingness to let the company continue to explore more.

GK doesn't think you can.

It's pretty tough. That's why only the legacies, military, fractionals, cargo, and regionals can do it. Maybe you guys should talk to the training depts at Mesa and they could show you how it's done.

I only drink beer.

Please list all your examples of how our company has lied to us, or how they have blatently tried to screw the employees.

-ATA codeshare only for the gates at MDW.
-QCII headset about safety.
-Firing pilots for frivalous reasons then paying off those who left and rehiring those that stayed.
-Kelly approved and agreed TA now wants to renig on that agreement, proven by the advertisement of selling other carriers flights on our website, in violation of the "Gary Kelly promised" TA.

Many more, do I need continue?

-ATA codeshare only for the gates at MDW.
-QCII headset about safety.
-Firing pilots for frivalous reasons then paying off those who left and rehiring those that stayed.
-Kelly approved and agreed TA now wants to renig on that agreement, proven by the advertisement of selling other carriers flights on our website, in violation of the "Gary Kelly promised" TA.

Many more, do I need continue?

ATA- can't argue that.

QCII- FAA says no, then tough sh!t.

Firing pilots for frivalous reasons. PM me for that discussion.

CodeShare agreement. I don't know all the details, but the re-nigging does suck. However, the contract does not have a TA. Nothing is set until we vote. What if the language was BS anyways?

Feel free to continue sharing all the SWA injustices you have suffered. But please do it in the form of a PM.

I would agree with you, but Volaris has no int'l experience. They don't currently fly out of Mexico as far as I know. The press release says they will begin flying to the U.S. next year. I hope we are not going to try to learn int'l ops from them, they don't yet know how to do it. Bottom line, I am very nervous about codeshare, and swapa's willingness to let the company continue to explore more.

I'm nervous about it too, but we can't sit still and we can't blow a billion bucks trying to find our new niche.

Latest resources

Back