• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATA- can't argue that.

So you agree, they lied.

QCII- FAA says no, then tough sh!t.

Uh, no, the FAA never had a problem, one person at SWA had a problem.

Firing pilots for frivalous reasons. PM me for that discussion.

Why, afraid of the truth?

CodeShare agreement. I don't know all the details, but the re-nigging does suck. However, the contract does not have a TA. Nothing is set until we vote. What if the language was BS anyways?

Uh, yes it does, each section as it is completed is a part of the TA, we therefore had an agreed upon codeshare TA GK is now backing out of, against his promise, so he lied.

Feel free to continue sharing all the SWA injustices you have suffered. But please do it in the form of a PM.

Afraid of the truth are you??

man-up whataburger...

I'm nervous about it too, but we can't sit still and we can't blow a billion bucks trying to find our new niche.

It's not about blowing a billion bucks, it's about growing another airlines bottom line at the expense of SWA pilots quality of life, income, growth, upgrade, etc.

Whataburger,

Pretty sure our stuff is aired out through word of mouth to every other pilot in the industry via our friends. It is a very small industry...

By the way if these comments do not bother you Koolaid Drinkers, you are idiots, in my opinion.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=9315

Southwest to Partner with Mexican Carrier Volaris 11/10/08

Associated Press
November 10, 2008

DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines today announced it will sell tickets for travel to Mexico -- beginning in 2010 -- through a deal with Mexican partner Volaris.

Dallas-based Southwest earlier this year reached a similar deal with WestJet Airlines that will allow it to sell travel to Canada late next year.

Volaris was founded in 2006 and serves 23 cities in Mexico.

Both the Volaris and WestJet deals are called code-sharing, in which airlines sell tickets on each other's flights and share the revenue.

Southwest spokeswoman Beth Harbin says Volaris will do all the cross-border flying.

That's similar to the agreement in which WestJet will handle flights to and from Canada, connecting to Southwest flights at U.S. airports served by both airlines.

Harbin says Volaris plans to begin service to the U.S. next year.

Dude, you're being a d!ck. There is absolutly NO need to air our company's dirty laundry on this website. It's not about manning-up, it's about keeping some of this stuff in-house. PM me, let's discuss, manly man.

Do you honestly believe no one has heard this before? Or is WN too good to be drug thru the mud?

Esprit

Gentlemen,

I beg to differ on your assessments of the ATA Codeshare "just for the gates".

Does it make sense that SWA spent a few years building the Hawaii codeshare, gaining market share, adding millions to their bottom line with relatively llittle investment, just to throw it all away in the middle of the night...After they already had control of all the ATA gates at MDW?

I don't think so.

Why are the WestJet and Volaris announcements surprising to anyone?

Kelly and Company have stated for years that they would be entering into Canada and Mexico via a codeshare with ATA.

The Klowns at ATA farked it all up and ruined SWA's plans for international codeshare as well as leaving a nice stain on the SWA name by stranding THOUSANDS of good, loyal SWA customers on April 3rd. Do you believe that was part of Kelly's plan to get gates at MDW?

Quite simply SWA is just trying to clean up the ATA mess and they are going ahead with the plans they have had all along, international expansion via codeshare.

I think what they learned from the ATA debacle was that you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket. Hence, WestJet and Volaris codeshare agreements.

JMHO

YKMKR

No. No.

However, If I had a problem at work I would not want it to be a focal point on a website.

Why not...

Gary blasted this problem all over the media when he announced it yesterday. I hardly think talking about the s#$% sandwich that this codeshare is becoming for us on flightinfo makes a difference.

You need to step away from the KoolAid pitcher and take off your rose colored glasses and see this for what it is.

Latest resources

Back