• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ON pms, all of the captains will by you beers as long as you get "initiated" for being on probation. Been there over a year and a half and still on "probation". Nothing beets seeing two hills over nebraska at nights!

Hey, I've seen those hills, the size changes but they are always worth looking at.

PMs RULE!

Unfortunately, not always. Spent $3 of my own money a couple of times. They make $3 a minute and cant hook a probie up. Life aint fair!!

Maybe they felt the expectation and thought it not worth the money.

Three bucks spends just as well for everyone no matter how much you earn.

When I was on probation I never expected to have my beer bought for me. When it was, I was really appreciative. But quite frankly I never felt that it was a requirement and often times bought the beer for everyone else.

Unfortunately, not always. Spent $3 of my own money a couple of times. They make $3 a minute and cant hook a probie up. Life aint fair!!

There is nothing more discouraging than knowing a "probie" is expecting his beer to be paid. Its a tradition. Not a requirement.

I as well as most all Captains always buy the beer for a probation pilot. But you can tell when they expect you to buy and it shows the selfishness of the individual. Just a few I'm talking about.

One overnight I went to buy the beer for the probation FO of another crew and he insisted on buying mine. He said " In my life I have had many beers bought for me because I was always on the poverty level. Now that I'm earning this much money, I intend on paying forward."

What a great attitude. I bought the next round.

hmmm...why would you see more of the "hills" during PMs as opposed to AMs?

Why dont you call the training department and let them know since its in the FOM

I don't have a copy of your company's FOM, but I would bet dollars that there is nothing in any approved flight manual that states a "maximum" decent rate to put out flaps--the flaps don't know if you're descending or upside-down, they only know load, and that load comes from airspeed and angle of attack.

Why don't you cut and paste the part of your manual that goes against the laws of physics, so we can all be on the same page?

Radar....... quit whilst you're behind. I'm too lazy to go look it up be there sure is/was a "normally" no more than 500fpm while extending flaps in our FOM. Wasn't cold hard law but a recommendation.

Gup

Latest resources

Back