Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Wave; I've been on a long hiatus from this board.
But some things never change; I still see a lot of pilots who can't see the next move, much less two or three moves into the future. You can point out to them what's going to happen but so many are pigheaded and unable to process more than one possible outcome - the outcome that benefits them the most.

Well, here is the word from Steve regarding our little 'get-together' today.

Executive Blog - August 23, 2011
From your SWAPA President, Steve Chase
Fellow SWAPA Pilots,
I can honestly say that I’ve never been more proud to be a Southwest pilot than I am today. I was humbled to see the tremendous showing of support that many of you displayed by coming out to SWA Headquarters this afternoon. The fact that we had pilots from every corner of the country fly to Dallas to show support for our Company, our Union, and the Southwest Culture speaks to the very heart of why our airline has been so successful over the years. We truly have something special here at Southwest Airlines, and it is worth protecting.
You all demonstrated today how much you “LUV” our Company, and that you support Southwest leadership’s recent affirmations that they will protect the Southwest Culture. That you all did this so professionally, respectfully, and peacefully makes a bold statement about how Southwest pilots truly are leaders…not just at our Company, but in the industry. Believe me, this was not lost on Gary and Mike in our meeting today. Our meeting went a little longer than scheduled so I didn't get a chance to thank each of you afterward that stuck around in the heat.
I’ll keep this blog brief, as we are now off to D.C. to meet with our legal team to discuss our next steps. But for now, I just wanted to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your support today. I’m happy to say the Warrior Spirit is alive and well at Southwest Airlines.
Fly safe,
Steve Chase

This has nothing to do with "CULTURE" that you are destroying by the way. This has to do with SLI. NOT Money, Not Culture, just a FAIR SLI. SWAPA thinks we are coming in to destroy there LUV fest. How would you look at this little event of 200 pilots marching in front of HQ if the tables where turned? I look at it as a hostile showing against Airtran pilots. They say it was peaceful. Well the point was taken. Don't know where this will go, but IF ( yeah IF because I am sure SWAPA will file a lawsuit to block a arbitrated list) integration will be very hard because pilots are like elephants. They never forget. You guys dont see it but you are burning down the house from the inside.

Last edited:
A fun thing to do with this article is to replace the words "Southwest Pilots" with "Hitler Youth". "CEO Gary Kelly" with "Hitler". "Southwest Managers" with "SS officers". "Southwest Airlines" with "The Nazi Party". And anything to do with "Airtran" with "Jews". Seriously, try it. It's kind of ironic how well it works.

With that single paragraph you reduced yourself to the level of that ice cream simpleton. Debating an issue leads to understanding and perhaps even accomodation. Your post merely causes a queasy feeling.

With that single paragraph you reduced yourself to the level of that ice cream simpleton. Debating an issue leads to understanding and perhaps even accomodation. Your post merely causes a queasy feeling.

Four posts!, you're getting up there! You actually paid 10 bucks to post on here? Do you buy the USA Today too?

Just sitting back and waiting for the process to work itself out, just as everyone agreed back in April with the Process Agreement. No need to argue with people who are living in a dream world.
Agreed.

The process will work itself out, all the fear mongering is just background noise by those who are themselves afraid.

My prediction: A fair and equitable list. Now that the economics have been taken off the table, the argument that the Airtran pilots will receive a financial windfall due to this merger is moot. Any windfall the Airtran pilots get will be despite SWAPA/SWA, not because of them.

This has nothing to do with "CULTURE" that you are destroying by the way. This has to do with SLI. NOT Money, Not Culture, just a FAIR SLI. SWAPA thinks we are coming in to destroy there LUV fest. How would you look at this little event of 200 pilots marching in front of HQ if the tables where turned? I look at it as a hostile showing against Airtran pilots. They say it was peaceful. Well the point was taken. Don't know where this will go, but IF ( yeah IF because I am sure SWAPA will file a lawsuit to block a arbitrated list) integration will be very hard because pilots are like elephants. They never forget. You guys dont see it but you are burning down the house from the inside.

The problem with your post is you no nothing about SWA. This my friend is a success sharing company, ALPA doesn't get that. You view this as hostile against AT pilots? I don't think you get it. It is a sign to the people of SWA we are engaged as a pilot group and support every department that has worked so hard to make this work. ALPA and maybe some AT pilots don't get it. So you don't know because you don't work here. Trust me we are not burning down the house. To be a SWA pilot is understand success sharing and attitude. Stop thinking ALPA.

The problem with your post is you no nothing about SWA. This my friend is a success sharing company, ALPA doesn't get that. You view this as hostile against AT pilots? I don't think you get it. It is a sign to the people of SWA we are engaged as a pilot group and support every department that has worked so hard to make this work. ALPA and maybe some AT pilots don't get it. So you don't know because you don't work here. Trust me we are not burning down the house. To be a SWA pilot is understand success sharing and attitude. Stop thinking ALPA.

I stopped thinking alpa last Thursday

The plane truth is the southwest guys have the numbers and they control the merger. Nuff said. Staple the Valujet guys or get rid of them if they don't like it. It amazes me how some of these LCCs like AWA think they deserve a seat at the big table. They never were supposed to be there in the first place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back