• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest off the runway at KDEN.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone is interested in facts, the said aircraft was going 3mph while making the turn and the area in question on the taxiway was determined after the fact to have nil braking action.

Where are the "facts?"

If anyone is interested in facts, the said aircraft was going 3mph while making the turn and the area in question on the taxiway was determined after the fact to have nil braking action.

All of us would have slid off the taxiway. Even the haters.

Source?

I have special utensils just for crow.

However I stand by the assertion that when you're known for taxiing at mach speeds, the first assumption is that you screwed the pooch.

so you want to jump on the blame mobile and even though it was less than 1/4nm vis, you think the where fast? How many fast SWA jets have you seen in low is?

so you want to jump on the blame mobile and even though it was less than 1/4nm vis, you think the where fast? How many fast SWA jets have you seen in low is?

I've been in a 737 that decided to go its own way, despite my vigorous efforts to stop it. At very low speed, on a runway and we were doing everything right. Thankfully we stayed on the paved surface. It's an unpleasant experience. So, i'm not blaming anybody.

What was the RVR at the time ? Were they using a low vis taxi route if appropriate ? I'm just wondering about the myriad of ways that 'The Authorities' might direct their enquiries.

Latest resources

Back