Southwest not requiring a type anymore?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tonedrvr

I've heard the rumor that SW is not interviewing people without a 737 type rating. Does anybody know what the minimums are for those without the type? Do you have to be a prior astronaut or will they still call you under the same criteria as if you had the type?

Thanks!

Tonedrvr said:
I've heard the rumor that SW is not interviewing people without a 737 type rating.

Did you mean "now interviewing" not "not interviewing"?

Taken off their website:

Southwest Airlines New Pilot Requirements

• Certificates / Ratings:
    U.S. FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. Unrestricted1 U.S. Type Rating on a B-737 not required for interview but required for employment.2
2A candidate may apply without a B-737 Type Rating. If a candidate interviews and successfully completes the entire selection process, he/she has 6 months from that date to obtain a B-737 Type Rating to be eligible for hire.

Good Luck,

Counselair

You can have mine if you want it. Nominal fee of $8000. :)

You can't have mine...I still need it

They have interviewed some folks lately who do not hold the type. Apparently the stack of resumes with the type has dwindled.

falcon20driver said:
Good luck dude, I would pretty much agree that you have to be an astronaut and have the 73 type to get the job.

I doubt you need to be an astronaut to be hired at LUV. You might need 2000 turbine PIC and preferably a check airman, but an astronaut?

How much single pilot IFR time hauling checks does a freaking astronaut have

I don't even think you need checkairman or 2000 pic. I think they're calling people with less than 1500 turbine pic.

how bout 7.7 hours jet pic and are really hungry? no really I haven't eaten yet today....

Latest resources

Back