• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Nose Gear Collapse LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OMG, 7000'. How can anyone land on ONLY 7000'. And anyone who has landed on runway 4 knows the waves crash right against the edge of the runway.

Update at 6:15 p.m.: The FAA issued this statement: ?Southwest Airlines Flight 345, a Boeing 737 arriving at LaGuardia from Nashville, reported possible front landing gear issues before landing. The plane?s nosegear collapsed as the aircraft landed on Runway 4 at 5:45 p.m. EDT. The plane safely came to a stop and no injuries were reported. The FAA is investigating.?

FAA reports the crew reported possible nose gear problems before landing.
If I thought I had gear problems, I'd be looking for the longest runway I could find. Certainly not one that ends with a pier at the end that drops into the bay.
But that's just me.

Btw uncle bunk since you know so much what is the controllability and calculated stopping distance for a 737 with a collapsed nose gear?

Last edited:
FAA reports the crew reported possible nose gear problems before landing.
If I thought I had gear problems, I'd be looking for the longest runway I could find. Certainly not one that ends with a pier at the end that drops into the bay.
But that's just me.

Btw uncle bunk since you know so much what is the controllability and calculated stopping distance for a 737 with a collapsed nose gear?

Well, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the stopping distance would be somewhat less than having actual rolling wheels on the front.

Good God, it's just only happened, no actual facts have been released, but still the chief SWA hater from AirTran has already whipped out his dick. Nice.

Bubba

Well, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the stopping distance would be somewhat less than having actual rolling wheels on the front.

Good God, it's just only happened, no actual facts have been released, but still the chief SWA hater from AirTran has already whipped out his dick. Nice.

Bubba

I didn't mention SWA bubba. it could have been a anybody. I'm just questioning the decision to land a LGA with EWR and SWF so close. Don't be so thin skinned.

Stopping distance is negligible.

We all know they kept going into LGA to hinder DALs operation there. At least he Southwest pax got to their destination.

This should be good for at least 5000 posts and the haters are circling the tank already its going to be fun a fun two or three weeks until they get bored and forget what actually happened

It's all about the dangerous "Culture" and the belief that you can put
experienced AirTran Captains into the right seat and upgrade
relatively inexperienced first officers at the passengers, and safeties
expense.

Inexperienced? The FO's that are upgrading right now have been at Southwest longer than the bottom 1/3 of the airtran captains.

Latest resources

Back