• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Nose Gear Collapse LGA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure, I read them, and was already familiar with most of them. Here's a couple of annotations that you may or may not have forgotten:

Why don't you calm down and read up on those five accidents before you start making comparisons?

Quick description of those five accidents:

20 September 1989, Flight 5050, B734, Deflection of rudder during takeoff. Pilot error with multiple passenger fatalities.

01 February 1991, Flight 1493, B734, ATC controller separation error

22 March 1992, Flight 405, FK28-4, Improper deicing procedures, pilot error with multiple passenger fatalities

02 July 1994, Flight 1016, DC-9-32, windshear during missed approach. Also attributed to pilot error, and multiple passenger fatalities.

08 September 1994, Flight 427, B733, uncommanded rudder deflection

Anyway, the point was not to disparage USAir (or any other airline), but to point out DCA's glaring and absurd hypocrisy in his post with the "outrage" about daring to defend Southwest's safety record. His implication was that we had the worst record, despite the facts not bearing out his assertion in the slightest.

Bubba

Sure, I read them, and was already familiar with most of them. Here's a couple of annotations that you may or may not have forgotten:

Anyway, the point was not to disparage USAir (or any other airline), but to point out DCA's glaring and absurd hypocrisy in his post with the "outrage" about daring to defend Southwest's safety record. His implication was that we had the worst record, despite the facts not bearing out his assertion in the slightest.

Bubba

Hey dickhead, you continue to bring up ******************** 20 - 24 years ago, I wasn't at AAA at that time. I never said you had the worst record, only, once again, for the 3rd time, you were lucky. Your airline shows an absolute disregard for safety, regardless of your record.

At BUR your guys touched down at 182 knots, ********************ing lucky asswipe.

Enough, no more replies to your stupid ass.

Ah yes, Kwick-- another of those Internet bozos who takes sport and perverse pleasure in Southwest's misfortunes (and for some reason, only Southwest).

Accidents happen, but when you always taxi faster than everybody else,

There's never been any accident or incident attributable, even in part, to Southwest taxi speeds. Let me say that again: NEVER. We taxi at FAA- approved speeds--we just don't intentionally taxi at ridiculously slow speeds to pad our paychecks, or just to piss off our employer, like some other carriers.

and you always fly the approach faster than everybody else, you have to
accept responsibility for accidents, when they happen.

And since when haven't we "taken responsibility" for any accidents? You guys talk about them, and hell, I just personally recounted them all.

When you you don't hire the best pilots available, you have to accept the
consequences..

Come again? What's your argument's basis here? Southwest's hiring minimums and required ratings are higher than any other major out there, plus all of out pilots are captain qualified on day one (type rated). You guys are always giving us grief about that requirement, and now you're arguing the opposite? You're arguing the same thing out of both sides of your ass. Make up your mind.

And again, we always accept the consequences... Fortunately, the consequences have thus far always been less than the OTHER airlines' consequences. While there obviously IS some amount of good luck involved, it's also attributable to a lot of hard work on our part.

The "Buddy system" doesn't work when it comes to safety!

Damn! I always thought it did. I guess I won't ask the other pilot to monitor anything I do when I'm flying anymore, since it apparently "doesn't work when it comes to safety." Thanks for enlightening me; don't forget to point this out to the FAA and CRM instructors the world over.

You know, I realize that you're in the SWA-haters club and all, but at least some of the other club members start with a few facts before they distort them. I don't even know what the hell you're babbling about most of the time.

Bubba

Last edited:
Hey dickhead, you continue to bring up ******************** 20 - 24 years ago, I wasn't at AAA at that time. I never said you had the worst record, only, once again, for the 3rd time, you were lucky. Your airline shows an absolute disregard for safety, regardless of your record.

At BUR your guys touched down at 182 knots, ********************ing lucky asswipe.

Enough, no more replies to your stupid ass.

Got it; thanks. That was much more clear and eloquent. Not to mention "not angry." Our airline obviously "shows an absolute disregard for safety," despite our sterling safety record, ... because you say so.

And every other airline is a shining example of professional safety and awareness, despite most having not-as-good safety records.

It makes perfect sense now. I appreciate your clarification.

Bubba

PS By the way, just like your disclaimer, I wasn't at SWA at the time of the BUR accident either--does that relieve me of being a "*******************ing lucky asswipe" in your eyes? I'd hate to think we weren't still friends.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back