• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest nightmare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When we say minor incidents are you guys referring to speeding tickets from 15yrs ago? How does the airline get that type of information? I am wondering if I need to do some serious legwork on past speeding violations because to be honest I dont remember all that many details from 10yrs ago. Whats the best way to check for "blips" on my record?

Conditional Offer???

I didn't think SWA sent out the of conditional offer until the primary background check was complete. Like many have said in the past about getting a phone call saying "your board went fine we are just waiting for the last of the background check." I was under the impression the letter goes out after it's all complete. So why after 4 month from now are the revoking their offer? And only one or so months after completing your type?

Re: RJ,

qxeplt said:

Do I understand correctly? Did you get a call

too?

Yes, they called to tell me this horrible news.

I received all the proper paperwork and call from Jennifer about 2 months ago. A couple of references received calls about 2 weeks ago. I wonder if they had anything to do with it.

back ground

Just how far back do they go when searching DMV records?

was pled down to careless driving 17 years ago?:confused:

DMV Records

I was told by the DMV most employers and insurance agencies only ask for a 3 year history. However, they can ask for an entire records check and that goes back who knows how far, that depends on the state you are dealing with.

mvi,

I am somewhat confused about these turn of events. I did an NDR check on myself which didn't reveile anything that would preclude me from getting hired. Yes, I did get a letter saying I had six months to get the type, I went right out and got it, then I got a letter saying I was in the pool and that the background check is on-going.

If you didn't put something down on the application that I suppose could be a disqualifier.

RJ

Confused

RJones,

Did you get the same call as mvi? I'm confused if both of you got calls today?

qxeplt,

"Did you get the same call as mvi? I'm confused if both of you got calls today?"

No, I didn't get any calls. I'm just trying to understand what happend, maybe come to some sort of reason why this occured to mvi.

According to my sister, who's a police officer, the state will, after a few years, "purge" the computer that stores driving record data and put that info on microfiche. As she explained it the computer gets too much data and can't hold it. She also stated that the amount of time the data computer will be "purged" depends on the state. She also stated that if you have any DUI's, suspensions, and any traffic violations that are extreme, failed to get that definition, it would show up on the NDR.

RJ

I still don't know how this is happening. Before everything I did a check on myself because I've heard of tickets or arrests coming up that didn't happen. My record was clean but I think these internet backround checks only go back 7 years. I did have an open container on a beach about 10 years ago. Will this come up? Their backround check must be different than the ones we ourselves can obtain.

When I went through my airline interview, not southwest, they told me that they would know more about me then I knew. They told me to lay EVERYTHING out on the table cause they would find it. Straight up, if there is something that you did not tell them, they will find it. The driving record they told me was back 10 yrs and the background check was also 10 yrs. I had a minor in consumption many years ago and I told them about that, they did not find that though. Kind of interesting. Food for tought, good luck and call them to find out what went wrong. Don't be a jerk about it though. Just make it sound like you want to correct what you did wrong so you can become a pilot.

PS Another friend of mine did his own background check before his interview and found out that he was not paying child support for the last 5 years. Suprising, he never had a child. Someone had stolen his social security number off his checks and used it, which caused him to show as being a deadbeat dad. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back