Southwest nightmare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mvi

Heys guys, please help. This is the worst day of my life. I was offered a conditional offer of employment a while ago and today they called and said the process is terminated. I have no idea why and they will not tell me. Have you ever heard of this and why it might happen. Please let me know.

THanks

Usual reason is they found something in the background check that did not agree with what you told them on your app.

interviewed Feb 11th
DB march 13th
I thought the backround check was done and finished about a week after.

Their wording was the DB has reviewed your paperwork and has decided to terminate your hiring process. Was I supposed to list every traffic ticket I ever got eventhough I can't remember 20 years ago.

mvi,

I'm curious...from your recent reply it sounds as though you didn't list all your traffic violations. I know when they did my background check they got the wrong person at the DMV in Wisconsin and they called me asking what's with all these DUI's and traffic violations. As we examined this report over the phone they realized they had the wrong report and ran me again with the correct information and found that indeed I had put down on the application the correct information.

Also, I noticed that you got your type after you interviewed, did you receive the letter stating you had six months to comply...did they except you after your DB. Just trying to understand.

RJ (jetpltrich)

You might want......

To get a copy of your National Drivers Record to make sure it is correct. I had a problem with a credit report that had a Ford Motor Credit Repossession....and I have never done busy with Ford Motor Credit....If you get it and find a problem I would then send a copy to Jennifer or whoever you were doing busy with.....good luck

I definitely think that you deserve an explaination. If they have already given you a conditional offer of employment they better have a very good reason why they have turned you down at this point, especially if you had to go through the expense and time to get a type rating.

This really smells... bad. It is sort of like being convicted of something that might not be your fault and you are unaware that anything is wrong until the guillitone falls.

You have nothing to lose, get on the phone and insist, no demand that you know why. If they will not give you a straight answer then they are hiding something, maybe some sort prejudice. You may be able to find that this is some sort of paperwork glitch like these other people have proposed. Go for it, stand up for yourself. Tactfully.

RJones said:
mvi,

I'm curious...from your recent reply it sounds as though you didn't list all your traffic violations. I know when they did my background check they got the wrong person at the DMV in Wisconsin and they called me asking what's with all these DUI's and traffic violations. As we examined this report over the phone they realized they had the wrong report and ran me again with the correct information and found that indeed I had put down on the application the correct information.

Also, I noticed that you got your type after you interviewed, did you receive the letter stating you had six months to comply...did they except you after your DB. Just trying to understand.
After looking at the ap again it says anything that you broke the law including drugs bla, bla,bla. Well, I didn't report any traffic violations but I don't think there are any on my record. I had a speeding ticket 6 years ago but took the class so it's not on my record. The only other violation happend over 12 years ago and I can't remember them anyway. Can't Southwest only get what we can get from the DMV or criminal checks? Thanks. If they caught me in a lie though, why would she say I can reapply after two years?

RJ (jetpltrich)

mvi

I do know of persons who were approved by the DB but were later notified they weren't eligible to be hired. It was solely due to the fact things were omitted (inadvertently) from their background info. In this case it was beyond the 10 year window and actually beyond 20 years. In fact the individual was on his 2nd look after having been hired the first time. Events led up to where he didn't remain with the company but he got a 2nd chance & filled out the app exactly as he did the first time but in each case he neglected to put a minor violation down. Since it got through the first time he thought he'd simply put the same info down the 2nd time....bad decision.

ALWAYS PUT EVERYTHING DOWN and explain each event. If you can't recall the events then get your records yourself & find out in advance if there are blips on your past, correct or incorrect. Ditto on credit checks & other background info. I'm sorry it didn't work out but a phone call to the PD so you can follow up to the appropriate agencies to determine if there is a case of mis-identification. You can still re-apply from the 2nd yr anniversary of your 1st application if you so desire. Best of luck & I hope things work out in your favor.

RJ,

After looking at the ap again it says anything that you broke the law including drugs bla, bla,bla. Well, I didn't report any traffic violations but I don't think there are any on my record. I had a speeding ticket 6 years ago but took the class so it's not on my record. The only other violation happend over 12 years ago and I can't remember them anyway. Can't Southwest only get what we can get from the DMV or criminal checks? Thanks. If they caught me in a lie though, why would she say I can reapply after two years?

Do I understand correctly? Did you get a call too?

Latest resources

Back