Southwest new hire pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed Tri.

I need full retro and RRC. Otherwise, I'm a solid NO.

To turn it around, I'll 'shelve' my yes vote.

Excellent post FO. International growth is going to be fun to watch. The new terminal in HOU will be coming out of the ground soon. Three cranes up already. FLL to follow.

Red.
Take it easy on the blue koolaide. What will be fun about it? Zero growth, moving jets from current domestic markets to international markets, 15 year upgrades? I agree with you on the full retro, no PBS, no sick bank reduction, no code share a 737 can do, and RRC.
Organic growth will bring me back to the koolaide dispenser for a sip every now and then.

No code share on anything a 737 can do? The only hope we have is growth. The only growth to be had is international. I'm not willing to outsource our only hope hope for growth. Sure Mexico is nice but why give up on Europe, Asia, etc.?

No code share on anything a 737 can do? The only hope we have is growth. The only growth to be had is international. I'm not willing to outsource our only hope hope for growth. Sure Mexico is nice but why give up on Europe, Asia, etc.?

Hi Crash.

I am not giving up on far international. Not for one second. We are not in a position to begin Europe, Asia, etc. I would be willing to look at a far international code share with hard numbers for obtaining proper equipment. There would have to be a drop dead date and a 4-1 ratio of our equipment to a code share partners lifts. I would look at allowing SWA to obtain these revenue streams. Emphasize look.
I know we just subleased our rjs to Delta, but if the company wants more efficient rjs flying our passengers, bring them on property! As long as they are flown by SWA pilots on our seniority list.

BO4

I'm a new hire and didn't even get OAK. I would think you could get off RSV there fairly quickly.

There are still hundreds of AT pilots to transition, so that will slow movement for a year or so.

What people fail to comprehend about SWA is the potential for international growth. Once the integration is complete, you're going to see a big push to add several near international cities. They're already shopping for -700s that they can put to work quickly.

Will you fly a 777 to Hong Kong? Not for a long time, if ever. You can count on anything within the range of the -700/800.

Personally, flying around the globe, waking up in weird time zones and getting stomach bugs doesn't appeal to me. Some of us are perfectly happy bouncing around the good ol' US, enjoying great benefits and having a blast at work.

Unfortunately, some cannot understand why we don't think like they do, and don't want to fly what they fly. That's why there are so many haters out there.

I respect everyone else's career decisions, their choice of employer, and hope they are proud of what they do, just as I am.

Let me guess, American flag tie?? Kidding. Good post

What was the industry like fifteen years ago JetFumes? That was 1999. TWA was still a global carrier. US Airways hired 1149 pilots, had never been bankrupt, and had yet to try a merger with United. RJs were strictly limited by scope. Turboprop feed still existed. Bunches of majors existed that are gone today. NW, CAL, ATA, America West. Even more small airlines fought for low fare supremacy... We had yet to see Metrojet, Song or Ted... JetBlue still sounded like a dishwasher detergent and hadn't flown a single hour. But Vanguard, Eastwind, ProAir, National, Southeast all flew...

Who is to say what the industry will look like in another 15 years? We can't predict what will happen in 5. Play the hand you're dealt and hope for the best.

What was the industry like fifteen years ago JetFumes? That was 1999. TWA was still a global carrier. US Airways hired 1149 pilots, had never been bankrupt, and had yet to try a merger with United. RJs were strictly limited by scope. Turboprop feed still existed. Bunches of majors existed that are gone today. NW, CAL, ATA, America West. Even more small airlines fought for low fare supremacy... We had yet to see Metrojet, Song or Ted... JetBlue still sounded like a dishwasher detergent and hadn't flown a single hour. But Vanguard, Eastwind, ProAir, National, Southeast all flew...

Who is to say what the industry will look like in another 15 years? We can't predict what will happen in 5. Play the hand you're dealt and hope for the best.

No doubt, still doesn't answer the question. How many retirements are there , how much growth can there be, and how does that equate to upgrade, I'm 44, so it's a valid question.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back