• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest looking to contain costs - article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just realize there are just as many no make that more SWA pilots that aren't happy with the purchase either.

I get that, and I can understand why. What I will never understand or accept is this insistence on their part that we "won the lottery," or similar nonsense. It's ok to be unhappy with it on your side. It's not ok to make it seem as though we were just working for a piece of trash airline and we were lucky that SWA deigned us with their glorious offer of employment. :rolleyes:

To be delusional of the likelihood AAI was going to survive in today's environment.

You might want to explain that to Richard Anderson, who recently said that SWA isn't the competitor that AirTran was. Delta hasn't been impressed. In fact, they're laughing all the way to the bank. It'll be funny as hell when those former AirTran 717s start doing direct flights from ATL to DAL.

I didn't miss anything. To be delusional of the likelihood AAI was going to survive in today's environment. Well it's just ignorant.

So what airlines where you applying to? You are convinced AirTran was never going to make it. If that was the case for you not to put apps out and just sit around waiting for the end is, well it's just ignorant as you like to say.

Red flyer, to state that half or more than half of the AirTran pilots had a "current" app with SW is dishonest and or quite an exaggeration,

Yeah, it was only around 400, a little less than 1/4, not 1/2........ ;)

How many SW guys had apps in with AT on 9/27?

I'm still waiting for someone to show me proof of these hundreds of AirTran pilots who had apps in at SWA. I've never believed it, and I never will, until I see some evidence. Just more SWAPA propaganda.

PCL since your not a SWA pilot you don't know anything, the FO's that came on line in 2003 were only given to opportunity last year to upgrade - you can do the math

We were talking about AirTran, not SWA. You're right, I don't have a clue what upgrade times were there. I just know what they are now, and it ain't pretty.

It'll be funny as hell when those former AirTran 717s start doing direct flights from ATL to DAL.

That might happen for a nano second, but in case you haven't heard, Delta doesn't own any gates at Love. As for the two that American must divest, the DOJ says Delta need not apply.

So what airlines where you applying to? You are convinced AirTran was never going to make it. If that was the case for you not to put apps out and just sit around waiting for the end is, well it's just ignorant as you like to say.
I work for SWA so no I wasn't applying elsewhere. Never applied to AAI.

I also understand there are a few things that aren't the best for AAI pilots, but really its time to unit and fight the right fight GK VDV and RB.

I also understand there are a few things that aren't the best for AAI pilots, but really its time to unit and fight the right fight GK VDV and RB.

Never say never, but on the CA side, there are 450+ of us that are still looking forward to losing our seats and bases this year, and the associated pay cuts and commutes.... We have more immediate and pressing concerns, to say the least.

Vixen, don't I remember you absolutely slamming the AirTran folks on here? I believe something about AirTran pilots being inferior to SWA pilots? A lot of that went on here...you can't that back dude.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back