• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our union seems to be doing a bang up job waisting money also. ie: The Paris trip. Plus a lot more waist.

I'm curious as to why SWAPA went to Paris ? It would be hilarious if it was an ICAO junket.

Perhaps they finally solved the eternal mystery - 'Is San Juan another country and where is Puerto Rico customs located ?'

Using your numbers, I can then conclude that no more than 13 WN captains will voluntarily bid into ATL., the rest will be displaced. Am I correct? If 13 or less is the number, I will happily buy you dinner at Fogo de Chao, the favorite feeding trough for ALPA officers on the union dime.

If more than 15 bid in, you can buy me Moe's on concourse C.

I'd forgotten that you can look on the SWAPA website, and see exactly which cities SWA pilots live. It seems pretty obvious that the 13 who can drive to ATL will probably bid there. As far as the others, no, Fred, it won't be based on displacements. It will possibly attract guys who can't hold Captain in MCO or BWI as well (ease of commuting), and will be filled by junior guys who can't hold Captain anywhere else (there are always guys who will commute anywhere to the ends of the country to hold a Captain seat). And those ultra-junior Captains will be the ones displaced out of there when the AirTran senior guys re-upgrade.

So, since every pilot at the company has to have a standing vacancy bid including ATL, there obviously WILL be enough OSW guys bidding some level into ATL to be a Captain, even if it's their last choice. There will be few or none displacements there, but not for the reason you allege. They won't necessarily WANT to be there, but rather they have to, if they want to hold a Captain seat. But they'll be dying to get out of there when they can, or forced out when more senior former AirTran guys re-upgrade.

Does that make you feel better? Can I claim the free Fogo de Chao dinner you're offering? I AM a pilot after all, and must try for all free food. :)

Bubba

I'm curious as to why SWAPA went to Paris ? It would be hilarious if it was an ICAO junket.

Perhaps they finally solved the eternal mystery - 'Is San Juan another country and where is Puerto Rico customs located ?'
I think 6 of them just had to go. It was hush hush until the cat was let out. They didnt tell the membership ahead of time about the trip. Nor after until it was questioned.

I'd forgotten that you can look on the SWAPA website, and see exactly which cities SWA pilots live. It seems pretty obvious that the 13 who can drive to ATL will probably bid there. As far as the others, no, Fred, it won't be based on displacements. It will possibly attract guys who can't hold Captain in MCO or BWI as well (ease of commuting), and will be filled by junior guys who can't hold Captain anywhere else (there are always guys who will commute anywhere to the ends of the country to hold a Captain seat). And those ultra-junior Captains will be the ones displaced out of there when the AirTran senior guys re-upgrade.

So, since every pilot at the company has to have a standing vacancy bid including ATL, there obviously WILL be enough OSW guys bidding some level into ATL to be a Captain, even if it's their last choice. There will be few or none displacements there, but not for the reason you allege. They won't necessarily WANT to be there, but rather they have to, if they want to hold a Captain seat. But they'll be dying to get out of there when they can, or forced out when more senior former AirTran guys re-upgrade.

Does that make you feel better? Can I claim the free Fogo de Chao dinner you're offering? I AM a pilot after all, and must try for all free food. :)

Bubba

We shall see. When the day comes, and one of these last-choice, ultra junior, commute to the end of the earth CA's gets shoved out, I'll buy you your Fogo Chao, i'm a man of my word. I think it may go a lil more senior than you think.

The only thing I want from you is to see the back of your head goin the other way

Classy- no stalker here
Did me pointing out how average to bad your air tran job was disrupt your sensitive feelers?
Good luck with that I'm entitled to all things SWA bc I got bought attitude-
I'm sure it'll make for a long happy career

And PCL- I know you're not interested in much if it doesn't involve a short cut- integrity would absolutely be you never cashing a SWA paycheck as much as you down the place

Classy- no stalker here
Did me pointing out how average to bad your air tran job was disrupt your sensitive feelers?

You're a class act Wave.

Meanwhile; AirTran pilots are fixing your international program, enabling your stalled ETOPS program, fixing your training, fixing your 1970s Performance calculations for the - 800, introducing ACARS performance to your fleet and showing your ramp training programs how to emerge from 1980s via the interwebs.

When you get a chance, ask your Director of Training how many programs have been taken over by AirTran pilots. Good luck with Mexico City; Apparently, it doesnt need any extra training, it's just like any other airport ...... Apart from the volcanoes and the nearly 8000 foot airport elevation :D

Latest resources

Back