• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like only a few months ago I was telling you guys that SWA was more likely to furlough in '09 than start draining the pool. From what my buddy tells me, SWA won't be back up to 2008 seat levels until well into 2011 maybe even the start of 2012. I imagine SWA hiring will start in 2012. That's what my friend is saying anyway.

Wow...can you ask your buddy what short term stocks I should buy in the next 2-3 years? He should sell this ability to look into the future.

Also, is he the one telling you SWA is overstaffed by 500 pilots? I'd like to know where you got that number.

SLC
:cool:

My buddy told me that number. He was a big wig in your union a few years ago and is has some real tight ties with the leadership in Dallas. I also have a couple of check airman friends that have pretty much heard the same thing on different trips though the big D.

We may be over staffed...but I have been JA'd once and VJA'd a total of 4 times in the last 2 months. A matter of people not wanting to work certain times...maybe...I do know we are a bit heavy on pilots right now....But not 500 heavy.

He was saying around 250-300 over staffed now. And after the scheduled cuts in the fall, then that number close to doubles. Will there be further cuts to the schedule? That's where it will get ugly.

My buddy told me that number. He was a big wig in your union a few years ago and is has some real tight ties with the leadership in Dallas. I also have a couple of check airman friends that have pretty much heard the same thing on different trips though the big D.

Hear that, SELF? The Clown has a buddy that was a bigwig in the Big D union!

SWA will hire again the day after a competitor craters. Which could be tomorrow, or the next day, or years from now. I am thinking more sooner than later.

Latest resources

Back