• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when did this 18 months thing start? I was in the pool for 2 years and 2 months. I hope we don't pull the 'reinterview' crap but it wouldn't surprise me with some of the stuff going on around here.

letter went out a couple weeks ago...but i'm not sure when the 18 months was supposed to start exactly.. not sure if it's from when we interviewed or when we got the letter.

Re-interview was the wrong word when I asked about this. It would be more of a reacquantance (sp) and another background check which could obviously be done at any time anyways. And yes, they could make us re-interview at any time anyways.

good to know.. i was hoping it would be a smile and a handshake type of deal...and a background check to make sure we weren't crashing planes or doing blow...

All it is is a backround check. It cost the company money to keep up the check per the rules. Therefore for formality sake they will have to "reinterview". You are still hired and if we ever have any more classes you will be in one.

I expect not for 3 years. Our training head stated if the economy continues to soften then they have a furlough plan in place. Apparently it won't be the normal "don't let the door hit you in the ass" type that the legacy's do. They will try and take care of them the best they can.

If it happens then Paul Emmens should be ashamed of himself and all of his age 65 bastards.

good to know.. i was hoping it would be a smile and a handshake type of deal...and a background check to make sure we weren't crashing planes or doing blow...

i assume you left out "knocking over liquor stores" since that would be okay?

Seems like only a few months ago I was telling you guys that SWA was more likely to furlough in '09 than start draining the pool. From what my buddy tells me, SWA won't be back up to 2008 seat levels until well into 2011 maybe even the start of 2012. I imagine SWA hiring will start in 2012. That's what my friend is saying anyway.

I don't think you'll see much of a reaction JetDude. If SWA grew by 5% (and that's a HUGE if) in '10, there wouldn't be a need for pilots (6000 pilots x .05 = 300 pilots). It looks like SWA is overmanned somewhere in the 500 range or so for pilots. So 5% growth in 2010 and 2011 would set the manning about right. Couple this with no retirements, and that's where the 2012 being the start of pool emptying comes in. No flame. Just facts.

Latest resources

Back