• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what is so hilarious about the Jr. SWA f/os here who profess to know the mind of the God King and his minions.

They really think he cares who inhabits the bottom of the seniority list. As long as the metal moves, he doesn't give a crap who is pulling the gear.

I have read things that were further from the truth, but I can't remember when.

Gup,

I believe the vocal minority played a big role I the last AIP getting shutdown. The problem at ATN is most people do not keep up with the union garbage. So the majority didn't make themselves heard enough. When the AIP was voted down, the majority started to come out if the woodwork.

Gup,

I believe the vocal minority played a big role I the last AIP getting shutdown. The problem at ATN is most people do not keep up with the union garbage. So the majority didn't make themselves heard enough. When the AIP was voted down, the majority started to come out if the woodwork.

If this is true, then what happened to the pilot group that voted 98% to strike? I submit to you that engaging your union leadership in SLI guidance is more important long term for an individual than a strike vote. Why would a pilot group abrogate their long term career outcome to just a few. After all, what I having been reading on the forum and others is "it's not about the money! It's about the seniority!". Strikes are always about the MONEY. So based on what you have said, 98% cared about the MONEY, but when it comes to this SLI, "most people do not keep up with the union garbage". So which is it? If the majority started to come out of the "woodwork" as you say, then maybe the MONEY is little more important than some the Trannies posting on these threads would like to admit.

Sacha,

I truely do not have an answer for what everyone was thinking. For me, it was about the money. I personally feel are MEC has been misguided by lawyers and a few militant types.

Outsider opinion, so take it for what's it worth. But I'd say you have it right SWA717. People that have different agendas than most of the regular line guys.

RF

Sacha,

I truely do not have an answer for what everyone was thinking. For me, it was about the money. I personally feel are MEC has been misguided by lawyers and a few militant types.

It's always about the money. The reason you knew what everybody was thinking with the strike vote was because you HAD a VOTE. The reason you don't know what everybody was thinking about the SLI is because you DIDNT have a VOTE.

Previous to Southwest I was at two legacy carriers. It always amazed me that I had to have a minimum of a four year degree and a very competitive background either Military or Civilian. We were told we were the best and the brightest as new hires yet when it came to voting for contracts and the like, ALPA would say Oh no....we know what's best for you.....you get to vote for your Reps....we will take it from here.....HuH?!! Why?... I would ask. Because that's the way it's always been I was told. Or I would just get a blank look and a shrug of the shoulders. It varys from airline to airline, but for the most part that's the way it is at most ALPA carriers and I believe it's one of the many reasons ALPA has disintegrated. Good Luck.

To me it seems one of the problems is the blur between culture and negotiations. We understand the need to preserve the culture at SWA, but the intimidation and strong arming being used to obtain an agreement are unsettling to say the least. What can and will be done to alleviate these feelings when everything is said and done? I want to see the culture preserved as much as anyone, but the methods being used by SW management will make adopting these values difficult for many to swallow. I hope this makes sense to many of you.

It's called Warrior spirit, it's also part of the culture.

Well it's going to be voted on now, as it should have the first time. We had a very and I mean very vocal minority that got us into this mess.

Unfortunately that is generally how it works. Don't be surprised when the same vocal minority try to torpedo the vote this time too.

They will never understand that the best last final offer has already been made. It doesn't get better from here with a no vote. It's about having a job.

Fubijacker this quote really does show your biased naiveness.
They really think he cares who inhabits the bottom of the seniority list. As long as the metal moves, he doesn't give a crap who is pulling the gear.
Pilots/employees who are so jaded buy this industry never understand and never will.
At SWA is just not about moving metal from A to B.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back